Uncomfirmed kill

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers.

Moderators: Peter Fisla, Paullus

Monkie

Uncomfirmed kill

Post by Monkie »

Playing the Hill 621 scenario and one of my MkIV's hit a T-34 in the previous turn. I don't remember the result specifically but thought it was stunned. Now in the next German fire phase when clicking on the T-34 it shows as "unconfirmed kill". Any details about what this means in game terms?

I do like the idea of not knowing if an AFV is truly out of action but didn't realize it was simulated in the game or in the ASL system.
dox44

RE: Uncomfirmed kill

Post by dox44 »

p63 manual
Monkie

Post by Monkie »

Missed that one and even had it highlighted. I fired on the unit, thinking it meant my crew wasn't sure if it was dead and it was up to me to roll the dice on it or not.

So basically it's dead but not a wreck, and blocks the hex the same as a mired AFV. What does this simulate that the regular KO doesn't?

Is this an ASL rule?
blackcloud6

Post by blackcloud6 »

In ASL an Unconfirmed Kill comes from a Shock result. In the Rally Phase (RPh) following a Shock, the player rolled a D6, a 1-2 removes the Shock counter, a 3-6 flips it to the Unconfirmed Kill side. Under UK counter the vehicle remains Shocked until the next RPh where the player again rolls die. A 1-3 thr UK is removed, on a 4-6 the vehicle becomes a wreck with no crew survival.
Monkie

Post by Monkie »

OK, thank you, this mechanic makes sense now.

Basically you have the option of shooting at the target again or risking it will come back from the UK status. I opted to shoot at it and kill it, but that was a mistake, I should have used it against the other T-34 that ended up killing my MkIV.

Thanks for the clarification.

Return to “Tigers on the Hunt”