Start Time

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Revthought

Start Time

Post by Revthought »

So I take it, like with most of Gary Grigsby games (or games built on his engines) it is impossible to modify the start and end dates?

I ask only because I was just imagining a scenario where war in Europe does not break out until 1945, and is thus more--but not perfectly--in line with Germany's plans generally, and plan Z specifically. In such a scenario, I find it incredibly unlikely a war of the scale of WW2 would break out in Asia.

And during that time period, ship and naval development would be very different without the experience of 1939-1943 much more attention would be paid to large naval artillery platforms (aka Battleships). Then you'd have an excuse to throw in these vessels and many others into a scenario, which isn't too big of a stretch to articulate (at least in my mind).

That said, I'm guessing the game just ends in March 1946 and that's it. No adjusting the timeline. No adjusting the single naval pulse turn. Etc.
Playing at war is a far better vocation than making people fight in them.
Dili

RE: Start Time

Post by Dili »

You can start later, otherwise there wouldn't be other scenarios.I don't know if there are a limit. You shouldn't start earlier since if the games gets to Pearl Harbour time there are some hardcoded stuff occuring.
CaptBeefheart

RE: Start Time

Post by CaptBeefheart »

Pretend Dec 7, 1941 is Dec 7, 1945 and just add four years in your head to the date as you play.

Cheers,
CC
Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”