Tiger on the Hunt Hot Seat

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers.

Moderators: Paullus, Peter Fisla

idjester

Tiger on the Hunt Hot Seat

Post by idjester »

We started this discussion in another thread but I think it best to start anew.

When we think of hot seat we think of sitting in the same room playing on the same computer. Nowadays that isn't needed
with the programs out there.

I will introduce you to a very viable solution to be able to play against another human opponent in Tigers on the Hunt.

This gives us alot of the actually things needed and is quick and easy to do.

Watch the first ever video of Hot-Seat Play of Tigers on the Hunt.

Hot seat for the 21st century.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADoVVG20thw

Peter Fisla

RE: Tiger on the Hunt Hot Seat

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: idjester

When we think of hot seat we think of sitting in the same room playing on the same computer. Nowadays that isn't needed

I will introduce you to a very viable solution to be able to play against another human opponent in Tigers on the Hunt.

Great stuff idjester! :)
Ratzki

Post by Ratzki »

Great find!! Just watched the youtube video, will be checking it out myself later. Thanks
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

Great Idjester! Awsome video [:)]
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

So can the user who is not hosting use shortcuts etc? or is it just mouse controlled?

How do you erase whiteboard stuff?

I imagine a pretty seamless experience with a bit of practice and known opponents.
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
idjester

Post by idjester »

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

So can the user who is not hosting use shortcuts etc? or is it just mouse controlled?

How do you erase whiteboard stuff?

I imagine a pretty seamless experience with a bit of practice and known opponents.

Not sure about the keyboard stuff you would have to look at the website to see for sure all the stuff you can do with it

You can turn the whiteboard stuff on or off... or you can use an eraser to remove stuff. its super cool feature. I like it alot

Yes I would think a super easy way to join and play with a human opponent. Seamless and Craig and I were setup and working
within 3 minutes. Very easy...

idjester

Post by idjester »

Thanks Peter, Ratzki, Paullus!!! Glad you guys like it....
GenChaos33

Post by GenChaos33 »

Pretty cool for the F2F gameplay feel of the SL/ASL boardgame.

BUT for me with bonus of computers, I would want the full FOG OF WAR effect and hidden movement when no Line Of Sight(no show of all forces to the other player).
jascou

Post by jascou »

Right on idjester. I'm curious to see what kind of performance players can get in sessions over a long distance.
jascou

Post by jascou »

If I remember correctly, TeamViewer also allows you to only share one window. This not only helps keep the rest of your system inaccessible to your opponent, but optimizes performance for the remote player.

Again, this is from memory; I used to use TeamViewer years ago, and haven't spent a lot of time poking around with it lately. There are several types of remote access programs around that players could use, so it might be worthwhile doing some experimenting.
idjester

Post by idjester »

I think performance would be just fine for a game like Tigers on the Hunt which isn't to graphic intense and the frames per second don't have to be super intense like a first person shooter.

We had no problem at all with this during our testing and it really worked seamless for us.
jascou

Post by jascou »

Hi idjester,
I was actually thinking more in terms of network performance, i.e. lag...but I guess you addressed that. So, I take it that your opponent didn't have any complaints in this regard? That would solve the one reservation that I still had about using this type of software to play with a remote opponent.
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

ORIGINAL: Peter Fisla

Ok I will acknowledge the originality and cleverness of the application of Team Viewer.

I use Team Viewer when my computer is fouled up or when my friend wants to show me something. Because there's nothing a tech guru likes more eh, than to have to explain a solution to a dim wit :) So yeah, he tells me to turn on Team Viewer and I just accept it's better than getting yelled at when I have no idea what he's trying to tell me.

That all said, when I say Hot Seat, I really DO mean you are here and I am here and the program is designed to handle your turn and then my turn. Perhaps the turn sequence makes this a bit messy even for hotseat.

But the question needs to be asked, does TotH have hotseat as it was used as a term 10 years ago?

The responses on my thread have me now wondering if I have somehow made a mistake in conclusion.

I don't have the game yet.
Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.
jascou

Post by jascou »

Hi MrsWargamer,
I don't know if you've watched the youtube link that idjester posted above, but it gives a pretty good overview of how a hot seat session between two opponents, sharing a single computer, is conducted.
idjester

Post by idjester »

ORIGINAL: jascou

Hi idjester,
I was actually thinking more in terms of network performance, i.e. lag...but I guess you addressed that. So, I take it that your opponent didn't have any complaints in this regard? That would solve the one reservation that I still had about using this type of software to play with a remote opponent.

We had NO problem at all with lag. The game is not graphic intense so the refresh rate is going to be just fine. You couldn't use this for a FPS game but with a board and counter game it works perfectly.
idjester

Post by idjester »

ORIGINAL: MrsWargamer

Ok I will acknowledge the originality and cleverness of the application of Team Viewer.

I use Team Viewer when my computer is fouled up or when my friend wants to show me something. Because there's nothing a tech guru likes more eh, than to have to explain a solution to a dim wit :) So yeah, he tells me to turn on Team Viewer and I just accept it's better than getting yelled at when I have no idea what he's trying to tell me.

That all said, when I say Hot Seat, I really DO mean you are here and I am here and the program is designed to handle your turn and then my turn. Perhaps the turn sequence makes this a bit messy even for hotseat.

But the question needs to be asked, does TotH have hotseat as it was used as a term 10 years ago?

The responses on my thread have me now wondering if I have somehow made a mistake in conclusion.

Yes, MrsWargamer I would say TOTH does indeed have hotseat play. Setup the game as human vs human if you are sitting on the same computer.

But as mentioned this format will work if your sitting on the same computer or if your playing partner is thousands of miles away. It would be exactly the same, you just need a mic and internet connection and its remote hotseat.

jascou

Post by jascou »

We had NO problem at all with lag. The game is not graphic intense so the refresh rate is going to be just fine. You couldn't use this for a FPS game but with a board and counter game it works perfectly.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Out of curiosity, what was the approximate distance between you and and your opponent?
idjester

Post by idjester »

ORIGINAL: jascou

Thanks for sharing your experience. Out of curiosity, what was the approximate distance between you and and your opponent?

I live in Florida and my playing partner lives in Ohio... A distance of 1064.9 miles. We both have good computers and internet connection which of course will be important as well.
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

ORIGINAL: MrsWargamer

Yes, MrsWargamer I would say TOTH does indeed have hotseat play. Setup the game as human vs human if you are sitting on the same computer.

But as mentioned this format will work if your sitting on the same computer or if your playing partner is thousands of miles away. It would be exactly the same, you just need a mic and internet connection and its remote hotseat.

Thanks for that matter of fact reply.

Finances are preventing me from playing. But my old SL/ASL friend might be able to be an opponent through this Team Viewer notion, or I might be able to play an old friend who is a local that also likes board games as well as Battle Academy (he's just so impossible to get access to normally). So the game might be a viable purchase down the road.

I like the fact I might some day get to play a game that looks close enough to SL or ASL to be acceptable.
I sold my ASL mostly because a 5000 dollar collection is not worth much if never used.
Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.
whqgaming

Post by whqgaming »

Anyone who would like to play a game, (Toth) please let me know and I will be more than happy to give my teamviewer number and password, at the very leas to try it out and have some fun. Please feel free to contact me as fortunately/unfortunately I am stuck on this game constantly.
thanks

Return to “Tigers on the Hunt”