Game Crash

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderators: Paullus, Peter Fisla

blackcloud6

Game Crash

Post by blackcloud6 »

I was playing the user created scenario Riposte and the game crashed the computer. This happened during the US (AI controlled) movement phase after a few units moved vicinity hex 9,25 and received defensive fire. A unit moved and the screens immediately went blank, the computer was unresponsive and then shut down. The last save file is attached. It was saved in the Administration Phase of US Turn 2 player turn.
Attachments
Riposte.zip
(43.24 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Peter Fisla

RE: Game Crash

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: blackcloud6

I was playing the user created scenario Riposte and the game crashed the computer. This happened during the US (AI controlled) movement phase after a few units moved vicinity hex 9,25 and received defensive fire. A unit moved and the screens immediately went blank, the computer was unresponsive and then shut down. The last save file is attached. It was saved in the Administration Phase of US Turn 2 player turn.

I can't duplicate the error, I will need to know which German unit/support weapon/vehicle fire at the AI American units in the 9,25 hex. I have played the movement segment few times and I don't have any crashes.
blackcloud6

Post by blackcloud6 »

It was the German units in 17,18 that fire just before the crash.
blackcloud6

Post by blackcloud6 »

Peter, if you cannot replicate it, the crash may have been caused by something else. We're having thunder and high winds here in Michigan today. I just experienced a similar crash, but more pronounced when the power went of momentarily. The previous one, that I posted about, didn't seem like electrical failure as none of the lights blinked not clocks flashed the computer crashed. but this last one was clearly a quick disruption where my lights flashed but the clocks didn't seem to lose electrical fast enough to shut them off. Sorry if I inconvenienced you.
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: blackcloud6

Peter, if you cannot replicate it, the crash may have been caused by something else. We're having thunder and high winds here in Michigan today. I just experienced a similar crash, but more pronounced when the power went of momentarily. The previous one, that I posted about, didn't seem like electrical failure as none of the lights blinked not clocks flashed the computer crashed. but this last one was clearly a quick disruption where my lights flashed but the clocks didn't seem to lose electrical fast enough to shut them off. Sorry if I inconvenienced you.

It's ok no worries, if I can find something I will fix it of course. Sometimes its not the game itself, sometimes it's a computer, OS etc...you name it. I will test it few times see if I can replicate the error.

Best way to help with game errors is have saved game ready before the error happens (I know this is not always easy to have a saved game available before a crash). So that I can load up the saved game play on my computer and follow the code where the error happens. I understand this is not always possible, sooner or later I will fix them all :)

Return to “Tech Support”