Fleet Admiral difficulty is still too easy

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Lukas, Erik2

Stryder

Fleet Admiral difficulty is still too easy

Post by Stryder »

The AI just doesn't play offense or defense well. I don't believe they destroy bridges, build bridges, lay mine fields or clear minefields (from what I have seen). I have also had inexplicable instances of the AI not attacking units with a low strength and that one unit holding up an advance. I finally attacked with it just to destroy it and allow the AI to start moving. Also, the AI will suddenly abandon one avenue of attack towards an objective and leave it alone. On defense, the AI will frequently move entrenched units, move units out of objectives, not defend river crossings, not retreat with heavily damaged air, naval or ground units.

I love the game and have been playing it alot, and want to share my observations which may not be the norm for everyone. I hope there are improvements with the AI going forward.

Has anyone thought of rules that a player could adopt beyond playing at Fleet Admiral to help the AI? - perhaps not destroying bridges, not laying mines- however these only help when the AI is on the offense. I am not sure how to handicap when I am on the offense... destroy the bridges before I cross them? [:)]
norvandave

RE: Fleet Admiral difficulty is still too easy

Post by norvandave »

I have been interested in this game too for some time. I however keep reading that there are problems with the AI. Are other single player users finding the same as jfarber is reporting and other users?
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

It's a great multiplayer experience, but I have found the single player a bit boring. I'm just zooming through the scenarios, so haven't noticed the AI issues. The interface is great though, as is the editor. So I can edit the campaign scenarios to make them more interesting. [:)]

Also, need to give them credit on the free BoB DLC.

If you want a run for your money, try the Panzer Corp Soviet Storm mod. I will be shocked if the official PC Soviet DLC can even touch that one.
Freyr Oakenshield

Post by Freyr Oakenshield »

The AI is never really good in any game, especially if you're an experienced player.
Matto

Post by Matto »

AI is not so much challenging, but game is still fun to play and I played all campaigns like relax and for fun ... my recommendation
Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ... 8-)
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

KarlXIIc

Post by KarlXIIc »

ORIGINAL: Freyr Oakenshield

The AI is never really good in any game, especially if you're an experienced player.

Strange defensive stance. Graphics varies in every game out there. From bad to excellent. Why wouldn´t the same rule go for the A.I ? In a strategy game the most important feature is a competent A.I, unless you specifically develop it for multiplayer issues and neglect single players. It doesn´t matter how good the game system are, or the graphics, or the sound if the A.I is bad.

Right now I find it even worse than in Panzer Corps (and Panzer Corps A.I leaves much to be desired) and I don´t care about new DLC:s as long as the A.I is not addressed. It makes some very basic errors right now. It has been reported both here in Matrix Games Forum and on Slitherine Forum for months. Unfortunately the response from the developers show that the interests in improving the A.I seems a very low priority task.
norvandave

Post by norvandave »

ORIGINAL: saintus

In a strategy game the most important feature is a competent A.I, unless you specifically develop it for multiplayer issues and neglect single players. It doesn´t matter how good the game system are, or the graphics, or the sound if the A.I is bad.

Right now I find it even worse than in Panzer Corps (and Panzer Corps A.I leaves much to be desired) and I don´t care about new DLC:s as long as the A.I is not addressed. It makes some very basic errors right now. It has been reported both here in Matrix Games Forum and on Slitherine Forum for months. Unfortunately the response from the developers show that the interests in improving the A.I seems a very low priority task.

+1 Couldn't agree more. Not everyone has tons of time to play multiplayer.
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II”