SPWAW Winter Camo (Light)

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Riitaoja2

SPWAW Winter Camo (Light)

Post by Riitaoja2 »

I found an old copy of Panzer Leo's H2h mod that was made for Steel Panthers World at War version 7.1.

Now this mod had winter.exe and summer.exe self extracting .rar files that you could use to enable and disable winter camouflage for German and Soviet infantry and tanks.

The problem is that the icons have been changed a lot since then and using the winter camo from h2h mod with other versions of the game results in some units having wrong graphics.

However I made a light version of the winter mod for use with my SPWAW installation. I am only using the winter camouflage for the infantry units and forts and I have omited all the vehicle icons.

I edited the infantry camo slightly and enabled winter camo to be used for US/British infantry too. In addition I increased the amount of snow covered forts in icon0017.shp.

This light weight winter camo mod consists of just 7 modified SHP files and should be compatible with any version of SPWAW. I also created .cmd batch files that automate the process of installing and uninstalling the snow camouflage without the need to manualy make backups.

To install extract all the files to you Steel Panthers World at War main game folder.

The batch file apply_WinterCamo.cmd asks the user which nations winter infantry camo he wants to install. It also makes backups of the summer icons.

The batch file apply_SummerCamo.cmd restores the summer camouflage from the backups.

If the batch files do not work you may also manualy copy the reguired SHP files from the Winter directory to your SHP directory making sure to back up the original SHP files first.

To download first left click on the Attachement. Then right click on the .txt file and choose save as. Then Change the "Save as Type" field to "All Files (*.*)" and input a new name for the file with a .zip ending.
Attachments
spwaw_wint.._(light).txt
(99.56 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Riitaoja2

RE: SPWAW Winter Camo

Post by Riitaoja2 »

Here is another screenshot showing the winter camo infantry in game.

Attachments
03.gif
03.gif (188.06 KiB) Viewed 198 times
sami heimola

Post by sami heimola »

Hmm Riitaoja do you know is there ALL winter camo files (tanks, apcs etc.) mod exist? It's bit weird to play winter battle with only inf winter camo but not winter camo tanks...
Riitaoja2

Post by Riitaoja2 »

As I said the only mod that I know of is the Panzer Leo H2h mod. However it does not work that well with other versions of the game. So I came up with this light version that changes only the infantry and forts. And no I am not going to create winter camo for the tanks and vehicles. It is just too much work.
sami heimola

Post by sami heimola »

I would appreciate if someone will do "total" winter camo mod for tanks, vehicles etc. [:)] Anyone agree?
JEB Davis

Post by JEB Davis »

Sounds like a great idea!
Reduce SP:WaW slaughter, "Low Carnage":
Settings: 80Spot,80Hit,100R/R,XXXTQ,110TkT,150InfT,180AvSoft,130AvArm,150SOFire / Command & Ctrl ON / AutoRally OFF
Enhanced http://enhanced.freeforums.org
Depot https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/spwawdepot/

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”