command structure

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.
Immelmann

command structure

Post by Immelmann »

another CS question. so i assign 2, one star generals, a division each. i then assign a 2 star general as a corp commander and add the 2 divisions. i then make a 3 star general, who is NOT in command of an army, and create an army. so now i have 2 stacks, in the same region, the army commander and the corp commander with his 2 divisions. when i click and drag the corp commander onto the army commander, i get 1 stack, but i notice that the corp commander's name no longer has the brown tint, but is now white, which i believe means he is no longer in command. the 3 star and the two 2 star generals are still in command. what happened?
Immelmann

RE: command structure

Post by Immelmann »

all those views, and no replies? [&:]
Ostwindflak

Post by Ostwindflak »

The Army commander took overall command of everything you moved into the stack and the Corps disbanded. Corps are not meant to be merged with the Army commander's unit. Keep the Corps as their own entity and within command radius of the Army commander to gain bonuses and benefits from the Army Commander.

To check the radius of the Army Commander, select the Army Commander's stack and hold the left shift key. Regions will highlight in a bluish color to show his command radius. That is the radius a Corps should be in.
Immelmann

Post by Immelmann »

ahhh, thanx Ost. it seems strange to me that a corp commander loses his command, but divisional ones do not under the same circumstance.

Return to “The War Room”