Keith Emerson - RIP

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

wings7

Keith Emerson - RIP

Post by wings7 »

We lost a talented musician! [:(] Rest in Peace Keith!
http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/kei ... li=BBnb7Kz

Parick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
VPaulus

RE: Keith Emerson - RIP

Post by VPaulus »

Pictures at an Exhibition was one my favourites albuns during the seventies.
He was indeed a virtuoso.
RIP
Capt. Harlock

Post by Capt. Harlock »

A pity. It seems like a bad year for talented musicians.
Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo
Zap

Post by Zap »

Tragic end. Wish he would have stuck around. I really enjoyed their music.
sullafelix

Post by sullafelix »

ELP was my first concert when I was fourteen.

I will always have a special place inside for their music.
Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
Waffenamt

Post by Waffenamt »

Oh me oh my - I like that country pie. The Nice - 5 Bridges Suite, for the benefit of the ignorami :) Play on Keith.
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

'Toccata' and a righteous bong would solve all woes.

Saw ELP so many times I can't count. Seems like yesterday I was at a small local place and saw Keith and Gregg playing [saw Carl at the same venue two years later]. It was a real treat for a lifelong fan to be able to walk right up to Keith and say hello. Too bad all of those old concerts back in the 70's weren't recorded well enough to make it to YouTube. There is one of 'Blues Variation' that did make it, and if you are a fan of the moog you can watch Keith work his magic on it.

Thanks Keith
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

'Toccata' and a righteous bong would solve all woes.

Saw ELP so many times I can't count. Seems like yesterday I was at a small local place and saw Keith and Gregg playing [saw Carl at the same venue two years later]. It was a real treat for a lifelong fan to be able to walk right up to Keith and say hello. Too bad all of those old concerts back in the 70's weren't recorded well enough to make it to YouTube. There is one of 'Blues Variation' that did make it, and if you are a fan of the moog you can watch Keith work his magic on it.

Thanks Keith

Here is a live concert of ELP from 1970, 480p resolution and decent sound quality! [:)]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc3cNfn93Kw

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
z1812

Post by z1812 »

Every time one of these announcements is made concerning the passing of the popular personalties of my youth, it can't help but remind me of the fragility of ones life and circumstance. It can all change on a dime.

I try to interpret the above in a positive way by indulging myself and my interests as much as I can, while I can. It also helps me to be a better person I hope, since I feel the same way for friends and Family.

As I understand it Keith Emerson was depressed because of a nerve problem that interfered with his ability to play keyboards properly as he only could use one hand. When your life is largely wrapped up in music and you can no longer play at the level you are accustomed to, it is very depressing indeed.

So I see these type of situations, although they are very sad, as a kind of encouragement to live better and to live well.

wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: z1812

Every time one of these announcements is made concerning the passing of the popular personalties of my youth, it can't help but remind me of the fragility of ones life and circumstance. It can all change on a dime.

I try to interpret the above in a positive way by indulging myself and my interests as much as I can, while I can. It also helps me to be a better person I hope, since I feel the same way for friends and Family.

As I understand it Keith Emerson was depressed because of a nerve problem that interfered with his ability to play keyboards properly as he only could use one hand. When your life is largely wrapped up in music and you can no longer play at the level you are accustomed to, it is very depressing indeed.

So I see these type of situations, although they are very sad, as a kind of encouragement to live better and to live well.

Profound and wise words indeed! Thank you!
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Here is a live concert of ELP from 1970, 480p resolution and decent sound quality!

I hope its not the one with the awful psychedelic graphics that ruin the show !
Zap

Post by Zap »

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653
Here is a live concert of ELP from 1970, 480p resolution and decent sound quality!

I hope its not the one with the awful psychedelic graphics that ruin the show !

Just shows the band members playing for the most part.
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Cool ! I'll check it out this weekend during my recreation period.
Jafele

Post by Jafele »

Emerson was one of the best keyboard-players in rock music. He wasn´t a mediatic "king of rock". Not so famous as M.Jackson or D.Bowie but much, much better musician than all these "kings" toghether IMO.

Rest in peace.
Las batallas contra las mujeres son las únicas que se ganan huyendo.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

Cuando el necio oye la verdad se carcajea, porque si no lo hiciera la verdad no sería la verdad.

LAO TSE
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: Jafele

Emerson was one of the best keyboard-players in rock music. He wasn´t a mediatic "king of rock". Not so famous as M.Jackson or D.Bowie but much, much better musician than all these "kings" toghether IMO.

Rest in peace.

Yes I agree, Rick Wakeman falls into that category also. [:)]
Jafele

Post by Jafele »

I also agree.[:)] Wakeman has published countless solo albums in his long career, apart to those recorded with Yes.
Las batallas contra las mujeres son las únicas que se ganan huyendo.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

Cuando el necio oye la verdad se carcajea, porque si no lo hiciera la verdad no sería la verdad.

LAO TSE

Return to “General Discussion”