Request: Lancer's EMS Mod

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

Tac2i

Request: Lancer's EMS Mod

Post by Tac2i »

Lancer, it would be a wonderful gift to the ATG community of players if you would update this mod to fully support the current version of ATG. Hope you can find the time to do so.

This is the current link to the mod: http://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=183 (login required)
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
danlongman

RE: Request: Lancer's EMS Mod

Post by danlongman »

That would indeed be wonderful. I got more enjoyment out of that mod than any other.
"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw
Ostwindflak

Post by Ostwindflak »

I have not tried this mod. Is it as good as the description says? I would like to see the AI "D-Day my sorry *ss all the way back to my capital". [:D]
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Lancer, could you and Vic take a little time to get your outstanding mod to work properly with the TO&E feature? Pretty please... once that is accomplished then ATG could age more gracefully.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

ORIGINAL: Webizen

Lancer, could you and Vic take a little time to get your outstanding mod to work properly with the TO&E feature? Pretty please... once that is accomplished then ATG could age more gracefully.

Roy, have you tried sending Lancer a PM. I sympathize with this, but I don't know the inner workings of the EMS mod well enough to make it work, if possible.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Ernie, I've communicated with Lancer. His assessment is that it would likely take a major rewrite of the mod to make it work properly with TO&E and he doesn't have that kind of time at this point. In other words it is not likely to happen.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”