AI strange behaviour

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers.

Moderators: Peter Fisla, Paullus

proflui

AI strange behaviour

Post by proflui »

So I have tried "Fighting for the Highway" scenario for the past few nights. I have played it two times.

In my first game I played as German and I found the very easy to play. I do not need to move my German troops much. And the American can hardly even entering the town. I do not know much about tanks but the American AFVs seems to be pretty weak comparing to the German's. My German AFVs easily took them off one by one. And on turn 9 no Americians even got closed to the objectives.

So the second time I shift side to play as the American. Now this time is my turn to get slaughtered. All my AFV are destroyed, while all German AFV were still intact. My squad used up all bazooka there is virtually no hope to for me to take out any German tanks. I think this scenario is a bit unbalance. But anyway.

In this case, I believe the AI can simply move all their AFV and sit on the victory points and there is nothing I can do. The AI can win the game with ease. But the AI did not move his tanks to do what I think is right.

In American last turn, I double time the still survival squad, have some luck during defensive fire and move to touch the victory points, and quickly move back inside the buildings. The victory point hexes are still empty hexes.

Then it comes to German last turn, the AI moves and tries to to attack my remaining units. But none of the AI units: squad or AFV try to move and touch victory points.

At the end I win the scenario, but I know I should have lose it if the AI is more decent.

Any one have similar experiences? Any comments?

Return to “Tigers on the Hunt”