Tigers on the Hunt - ASL Mod! Embrace your nostalgia!

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers.

Moderators: Peter Fisla, Paullus

Daniele

Tigers on the Hunt - ASL Mod! Embrace your nostalgia!

Post by Daniele »

It’s no mystery that the recently released Tigers on the Hunt videogame was strongly inspired by the excellent tabletop wargames Squad Leader and Advanced Squad Leader.

Tigers on the Hunt is possibly the closest PC version of those great games.

Since its release, community users and players enjoyed the ability to create their own Mods and scenarios, and now the ASL community will be pleased to see that Tigers on the Hunt has received a full set of ASL-oriented Mods!

You will be extremely thrilled by trying the amazing Advanced Squad Leader mod, the Squad Leader mod, and the VASL mod. Embrace your nostalgia and recreate the same atmosphere as the one in the boardgames, as now you can use the same counters as the ones you know well and love!

What are you waiting for? Grab Tigers on the Hunt now and be ready to be immersed in one of the most terrific tactical experiences you ever had!

But news are not over! Our friend Idjester will have an "ASL Day" live stream day for Tigers on the Hunt. This live stream will be Friday March 11th at 8:00pm EST (Saturday 2 am CET / 1 am UTC) on its Twitch Channel!

Mods
Advanced Squad Leader Mod
Advanced Squad Leader Mod with Vehicle MP data
Squad Leader Mod
Colorful Mod
Advanced Squad Leader Mod with small Info Markers
VASL Mod

[center]Image[/center]

[center]Image[/center]

[center]Image[/center]
Mac Linehan

RE: Tigers on the Hunt - ASL Mod! Embrace your nostalgia!

Post by Mac Linehan »

Holy Smoke!

Have just bought a serious load of books (hard copy); therefore will have to wait till April to buy TOtH.

Am very impatient to do so.

Last time I played ASL / Solitaire with VASAL (after a month of rules reading!) was 2007- 2009; only stopped

to really study and learn WitP AE.

My sincere gratitude and thanks to the game and mod designers; and all involved in this awesome product.

Mac
LAV-25 2147
parusski

Post by parusski »

Oh, I am embracing my nostalgia. My wife thinks I have put her out of my mind. I have[:D]
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
Alejo1968

Post by Alejo1968 »

ORIGINAL: parusski

Oh, I am embracing my nostalgia. My wife thinks I have put her out of my mind. I have[:D]

You are certainly not the only one!
Cyan

Post by Cyan »

Hello!

I have just recently bought TotH, and found this great ASL mod :) I have had some limited tabletop ASL experience in the (distant...) past, and would like to ask the following: Are the numbers on the counters just aesthetic, or do they actually correspond to the TotH mechanics? Things like range are easy to determine (and they seem to match), buy what with all the rest (morale, actual firepower, etc)? Or, in other words, how closely and to what extent does TotH follows the tabletop ASL rules?
DoubleDeuce

Post by DoubleDeuce »

They do match up with the exception of the "smoke exponent" as that is not modeled in the game. Might be 1-2 other minor things but can't think of any atm.
duncanrice

Post by duncanrice »

Nostalgia? Some of us still play ASL. [:)]
BloodyBill76

Post by BloodyBill76 »

I still play and am teaching my boys how to play as well. ToTH looks very interesting though. I believe it will be a purchase for me very soon.
Cataphract88

Post by Cataphract88 »

I still play the original Squad Leader game, and I am teaching my son how to play. He loves it, despite being of the Xbox/PS generation! [:)]
Richard
BloodyBill76

Post by BloodyBill76 »

Same here. I got my boys into miniatures as well. They love their tech. but it is good that they appreciate a night of gaming across a table.
Zap

Post by Zap »

That is the best way to introduce them. Thumps up to you and cataphract88. Making the job of learning easy for them will most likely turn them into board game lovers. And strategy game lovers as well.
fuselex

Post by fuselex »

A little bit of subject , but walked into the kitchen at the hospital where I work today.
A few older people still work there , but generally youngsters :).
5 people work on the serving area at any time . I walked in to sign my keys out during their tea break.
The 1 oldie rostered was out the back having a smoke , but the other 4 younger people where sitting in the kitchen , within
5 meters of each other .but not speaking ? , they were all texting or looking at their messages , or Facebook ,or
whatever they do .
The entire time I was there they never spoke , no Hi , no How are you going . Nothing . And for me the clincher was
they never took their eyes off their phones
I could have walked by them with a shotgun and not one of them would recall it .
I don`t know what to make of it , every generation has the same issues .
I`m sure there are people around who remember Christmas when the street was full of kids on their new bikes?
I don't see kids on the street anymore , they don`t come out ,

Cataphract88

Post by Cataphract88 »

I know what you mean. When I was a growing up in seventies London, all the kids in my street would play football, or other games together, and there was generally much more socializing than there is now. Kids today seem to be turning into hermits, and never venture outdoors.
Richard
chucknra

Post by chucknra »

Just bought the game and love it....but how do I install the mod after I download it? Thanks.
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: chucknra

Just bought the game and love it....but how do I install the mod after I download it? Thanks.

All you have to do is download the graphics mod, which is basically terrain.png file and replace the original one in the "Graphics" folder of the game. Keep a back up for the original file though.
chucknra

Post by chucknra »

Thanks
ctcharger

Post by ctcharger »

Never bought a game on a screen shot before until now. Bought the game (Easter Sale!), got the mod, and found the "The Guards Counterattack" right away. Wow, took me back to 1985 I am guessing when I bought Squad Leader while in college. I did buy ASL when it first came out but never felt the need to move on from SL.

Great game so far, learning the control click thing and all that but what fun.
Akmatov

Post by Akmatov »

For me I would not play the game without one of the ASL skin mods. Excellent job and many thx.
jamoseman1

Post by jamoseman1 »

Trying to write scenarios for the French. Not seeing how to add the French (or other minors) to the game. Scanned way too many threads and have moved the terrain.png chart in and out of folder. Help someone.
James A. Moseman
UP844

Post by UP844 »

So far, only American, British, German and Russian units are included in the game.

This has not prevented some enterprising authors from using them to represent other nationalities, including Finns, Free & Vichy French, Italians, Japanese, and others.
Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP

Return to “Tigers on the Hunt”