Where we are & where we are going

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers.

Moderators: Paullus, Peter Fisla

virtuali

RE: Where we are & where we are going

Post by virtuali »

Is the inclusion of other theatres simply a matter of the graphics for the units, the data for them and the inclusion of new terrain types that fit the current terrain penalties/ bonus or would there be more to be done?

PTO is fairly complex, with many new rules:

- Japanese units don't break, they can Hara-kiri in CC, and do Banzai charges.
- Japanese don't surrender in the Rout phase.
- Caves rules are VERY complex, and they make for very specific PTO sceneries.
- There are many new terrain types, with many new overlays too.
Javaslinger

Post by Javaslinger »

Did the developer actually 'develop' a game system here or port ASL to a computer. Seems disingenuous to claim this game system for your own when you've taken the labors of many many others who actually developed this game system over the last 30 years.
dje

Post by dje »

So don't buy it, if that is how you feel.
I will see you on the beach!
sdkfz181

Post by sdkfz181 »

ORIGINAL: Javaslinger

Did the developer actually 'develop' a game system here or port ASL to a computer. Seems disingenuous to claim this game system for your own when you've taken the labors of many many others who actually developed this game system over the last 30 years.

Are you just a naughty mythical Scandinavian beast or do you really know so little about writing a complex computer program? [:-]
Nick
RogerJNeilson

Post by RogerJNeilson »

ORIGINAL: dje

So don't buy it, if that is how you feel.
Hmm, a little snarky that comment....

I have bought it, I do enjoy it, I hope it develops further.

Which bit of the above annoys you?

Roger
An unplanned dynasty: Roger Neilson, Roger Neilson 11, Roger Neilson 3 previous posts 898+1515 + 1126 = 3539.....Finally completed my game which started the day WITP:AE was released
sdkfz181

Post by sdkfz181 »

Roger, I think dje was replying to javaslinger, not you.
Nick
dje

Post by dje »

yep
I will see you on the beach!
RogerJNeilson

Post by RogerJNeilson »

Apologies dje I thought it was aimed at me. This is a good example of why the quote is useful in these forums.

Roger
An unplanned dynasty: Roger Neilson, Roger Neilson 11, Roger Neilson 3 previous posts 898+1515 + 1126 = 3539.....Finally completed my game which started the day WITP:AE was released
MikeGER

Post by MikeGER »

Javaslinger,
the intellectual property of Peter (and that is what the prize tag asked is for, where every potential customer can make up his mind personally if he want to pay that amount or not) is the inventing of an AI that you can actually play an ASL-ish game against. ...otherwise just go VASSAL for free (and find a teacher), or even get the physical-world ASL starterkits

he invented that seasoned ASL buddy that never had time in the past and lived on the other side of the city, and that now guides you through all the phases, does all the hundreds of dice roles and cumbersome cumbersome table-searches and exception and rules lookups and what else in the background ...he just tells you the results like a gamemaster would in RPG.

for me its not a game, its an SL/ASL-buddy (gamemaster) simulator
(Just think of it as a solitaire chess grandmaster programm! ...does a developer ripped of the chess rules invented in India to very abstract silmulate archaic warfare, elefants inlcuded? )
Krys

Post by Krys »

Sorry, but that's a pretty absurd comment. A huge percentage of what we all work with, live with, and enjoy in today's world is based on or is an evolution of something that someone else - most often a LOT of 'someone elses' - developed, invented, or improved.

Can any of us count how many computer chess programs there are? Are all the people/companies which develop them disingenuous because they claim the labor of developing computer chess programs when they didn't invent the game? Of course not.

Anyone is entitled to their opinion, but the rest of us are also entitled to laugh at statements which are silly - and this one sure fits that definition in my book.
So many games...so little time...

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson
wodin

Post by wodin »

Though currently the game isn't for me I am looking forward to the future and where it will end up. If Peter does devote all his time to this game I am certain in a few years time it will be installed on my PC. I can actually see this becoming some sort of mega ultimate tac turn based game a few years down the line.
waltero

Post by waltero »

ORIGINAL: wodin

Though currently the game isn't for me I am looking forward to the future and where it will end up. If Peter does devote all his time to this game I am certain in a few years time it will be installed on my PC. I can actually see this becoming some sort of mega ultimate tac turn based game a few years down the line.

Dido.

Unfortunately I think we are looking many, many years down the line.
"WELL ~ Mrs. LIncoln,
other than that, How was the play?
Dietrich53

Post by Dietrich53 »

Unfortunately I think we are looking many, many years down the line.

Myself and obviously many more waited 30+ years for this game to show up. What are a few years more? By the way, it is already extremely good as it is right now!

B&D Publishing LLC - Books from Collectors for Collectors!
proflui

Post by proflui »

I have the game and I like it so far. It is fun and I appreciate Peter's work. However I can also see that there are a lot of areas that the game can be improved like better UI, more features and tactical choices. I understand it is a big project and it will take time to implement. My suggestion is that Peter should not work on his own and should hire more programmer to speed things up. Or be maybe Matrix organize a working team to help Peter's out. This game I believe had great potential. The forum site is active. I believe this game deserves more support.
gregb41352

Post by gregb41352 »

Just my opinion, but I really like the game as it is. Sure, future improvements/expansion will be coming to make the game even better.
But give the guy a break. He's developed a very good game, promises for the future as well. If others think it's not so good or not as good
as ASL they have the right not to buy it. But I'm very happy that I did make the purchase and look forward to future developments.
wodin

Post by wodin »

Listen I think for just one man he has done an excellent job. Also if money wasn't an issue for em I'd prob buy it then keep hold and see what happens just to back it, however I'm not in a position to do that, when I buy a game it has to be something I know I'm going to play lots and love the game. So that's why in the future I reckon I'll be buying it.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: Gerry

Seriously hope we stay in either the Eastern Front or Western Front for quite a while.

I don't, bring on the Pacific War an any places on the asian side of the map. We have enough eastern and western front games already. Never enough Pacific or asian.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: Krys

Sorry, but that's a pretty absurd comment. A huge percentage of what we all work with, live with, and enjoy in today's world is based on or is an evolution of something that someone else - most often a LOT of 'someone elses' - developed, invented, or improved.

Can any of us count how many computer chess programs there are? Are all the people/companies which develop them disingenuous because they claim the labor of developing computer chess programs when they didn't invent the game? Of course not.

Anyone is entitled to their opinion, but the rest of us are also entitled to laugh at statements which are silly - and this one sure fits that definition in my book.

Good, then you won't be upset when I tell you that I'm laughing at yours. [:'(]
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

Gentlemen, stay friendly or I have to delete your messages. No personal attacks please[:-].
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
waltero

Post by waltero »

ORIGINAL: gobadgers

Just my opinion, but I really like the game as it is. Sure, future improvements/expansion will be coming to make the game even better.
But give the guy a break. He's developed a very good game, promises for the future as well. If others think it's not so good or not as good
as ASL they have the right not to buy it. But I'm very happy that I did make the purchase and look forward to future developments.

Game looks Good. Push for Multiplayer access, everything else is nonsense. I am not lambasting the game...just pushing for Multiplayer. This game should get the recognition it deserves (Great game)...Help it happen, do your part...push for nothing other than Multiplayer.

I wan to have fun too[&o]

"WELL ~ Mrs. LIncoln,
other than that, How was the play?

Return to “Tigers on the Hunt”