Feature Request

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers.

Moderators: Paullus, Peter Fisla

sdkfz181

RE: Feature Request

Post by sdkfz181 »

I have played 6 games so far. I am content with the UI. I have one tiny feature request, if it is easy to do. When I click a hex which has only one of my units in it, please can it also select the unit in the Unit Control Panel?
Nick
rsclinton1

Post by rsclinton1 »

Very, very happy to support your game. UI is "okay", but I think quite a few of the posts are over-stated to say the least.

I did not see anyone mention the view size itself. I have a large, wide screen, but the counters and hexes are always quite small.

Unless I am missing it, the ability to make the game board/counters larger. A "zoom" or whatever so I can see the game better. I have loads of screen space not being used. I even tried to use a window...but that is quite odd in that it simply locks a box in the center of my desktop that I still have no view controll over.

I may be biased, but quite seriously, a large portion of your "potential" market are men, over the age of 45 and our eyes are not as good as they used to be. [8D]

Thanks again,
Scott
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

Remove the unplayable hexes from the scenario (now they show as shaded in red).
parusski

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: Storm72
ORIGINAL: idjester
I.E. a pro tip for you guys out there that haven't watched my scenario creation videos. You can setup
different zones for the units to be placed in. (For example German Zone 1). In that zone you can choose
a bunch of hexes for those units to be placed in. This way the units are not static and in the same place.
This will allow the units to be places in different setup hexes every time the scenario is played and will
therefore it will play different each time you play the scenario.

Make 3 or 4 different zones for the computer to place his units and assign units to those different zones.
The computer will than random place those units in the setup zones and you have a totally different scenario
just by how you designed it.
Hope that helps.
idjester

THIS! ^
+1.

+1 and hotkeys.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
MikeGER

Post by MikeGER »

ORIGINAL: grumblinggrognard

I did not see anyone mention the view size itself. I have a large, wide screen, but the counters and hexes are always quite small.

Unless I am missing it, the ability to make the game board/counters larger. A "zoom" or whatever so I can see the game better. I have loads of screen space not being used. I even tried to use a window...but that is quite odd in that it simply locks a box in the center of my desktop that I still have no view controll over.

I may be biased, but quite seriously, a large portion of your "potential" market are men, over the age of 45 and our eyes are not as good as they used to be. [8D]

you are not alone! ...scroll back to check post number #91 [;)]

"In addition, for old wargamers with bad eyesight (like me ;-) and i bet iam not alone ) i would like to have a mild (let say 125%) zoomed-in possibility for the map
as an option
Best would be a continuous zoom in/out with middle-mouse-wheel from -25% to + 125% on the map so "

(...i wish the whole game had be designed with a higher resolution of the counters and hexart in mind, because if you zoom in on the counter more then 125% for example at 150% the artwork start to get ugly and unreadble because of the beginning pixelation)

PS:
- UI related observation after spending some more time with the game -

Hit "Spacebar" for the next AI-Step and Phase-step is IMHO mandatory for the next patch.

If there is only a single unit (especially helpfull with the vehicles) in a hex left-click in the hex autoselect the unit.
in general an option in the game menue to tick on/off (so everbody can set his favorite way), that left click a hex autoselect all units in the hex and the player has to deselect the units he dont want to participate seems to be the less cumbersome method for a smoother gameplay)

Franciscus

Post by Franciscus »

ORIGINAL: MikeGER
ORIGINAL: grumblinggrognard

you are not alone! ...scroll back to check post number #91 [;)]

"In addition, for old wargamers with bad eyesight (like me ;-) and i bet iam not alone ) i would like to have a mild (let say 125%) zoomed-in possibility for the map
as an option
Best would be a continuous zoom in/out with middle-mouse-wheel from -25% to + 125% on the map so "

(...i wish the whole game had be designed with a higher resolution of the counters and hexart in mind, because if you zoom in on the counter more then 125% for example at 150% the artwork start to get ugly and unreadble because of the beginning pixelation)

PS:
- UI related observation after spending some more time with the game -

Hit "Spacebar" for the next AI-Step and Phase-step is IMHO mandatory for the next patch.

If there is only a single unit (especially helpfull with the vehicles) in a hex left-click in the hex autoselect the unit.
in general an option in the game menue to tick on/off (so everbody can set his favorite way), that left click a hex autoselect all units in the hex and the player has to deselect the units he dont want to participate seems to be the less cumbersome method for a smoother gameplay)

Totally agreed !
Former AJE team member
fran52

Post by fran52 »

IMO,what for the moment limits the realization of scenario are:

Terrain:swamp,river and terrain condition(snow,mud)

Rules:transported units,towing gun and external reider.

With these features we can do a lot of scenarios.
If ,in future,we can have also air attack,mine ,foxhole,trench and bunker,only few limits remain.
gw15

Post by gw15 »

Yes, a must, transported units, towing gun and external rider.
fran52

Post by fran52 »

I forgot the variable turn for the reinforcements.
Ratzki

Post by Ratzki »

I would like to see some non-whole hex terrain added.
Franciscus

Post by Franciscus »

A ZOOM function, please!!

(although due to the fact the game uses a single png file as the source for all graphical elements I am not sure if it is at all possible...[:(])
Former AJE team member
SteveD64

Post by SteveD64 »

Yes, zoom in and out! A larger map area would also be nice. Having the game play restricted to the upper left hand corner of your monitor is kind of a drag.
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

Fanatic units.
virtuali

Post by virtuali »

My vote would be for:

- Hexside terrains ( Hedges, Walls, etc. )
- Multi-hex Firegroups
- Smoke grenades.

They are the most important features, because they have a big impact on tactics, so I consider them as "core" rules.
rsist34

Post by rsist34 »

So to sum up this thread, We want Computer version of ASL.
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

You could instead say a very comprehensive tactical WW II game. Tons of people on forums out there searching for this and we have made a great start!
GenChaos33

Post by GenChaos33 »

How about LIVE 2 player games? No file saving/sharing. Just load game, go online, find player, and have fun!
fran52

Post by fran52 »

My vote would be for:

- Hexside terrains ( Hedges, Walls, etc. )
- Multi-hex Firegroups
- Smoke grenades.

If i'm not wrong,the multi-ex firegroup is not used in ASL,was used in SL.
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

No, ASL has firegroups. Very important so you can get firepower w/o bunching up.
iPhoneAppz

Post by iPhoneAppz »

ORIGINAL: GeneralChaos

How about LIVE 2 player games? No file saving/sharing. Just load game, go online, find player, and have fun!
+1

Return to “Tigers on the Hunt”