Detection level lost after battle

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

uw06670

Detection level lost after battle

Post by uw06670 »

I think I saw this topic come up recently, and I've seen it in this game twice now, both times in the same hex against the same unit. It could be Nazi cloaking technology.

I have Det of 4 against this little pip squeak. Then after my hasty attack he's at 1. Not supposed to do this right?

Save game available if desired.

PBEM game using 1.08.08

Attachments
wheredidhego.jpg
wheredidhego.jpg (349.27 KiB) Viewed 35 times
- Mark
chaos45

RE: Detection level lost after battle

Post by chaos45 »

maybe because in the failed attack all your recon didnt make it back? [:D]
uw06670

Post by uw06670 »

The Russian recon is practically worthless I'm finding anyway ;-P

I didn't even get to Det 4 until I moved the mountain Inf XX up next to it, and it wasn't in the battle.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug, now that I look at the manual. the Detection level should increase after combat, not decrease.

"In addition, every time a unit moves next to an enemy unit, the enemy's DL will usually go up due to automatic scouting and probing attacks. Losses from these scouting and skirmishing actions are represented by higher attrition levels for adjacent enemy units (9.5.2).Combat against enemy units will also increase their DL. The DL of units that move away from the enemy will decrease over time."
- Mark
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

well in 1941 yes Soviet Recon will be crap, as the war goes on it gets better. Also this looks like an isolated unit your wanting recon with.
uw06670

Post by uw06670 »

So the detection level should go down during the same turn after an attack?

I think there is something weird going on with this hex or enemy unit because I haven't seen this behavior elsewhere (albeit not a lot of attacks so far)
- Mark
morvael

Post by morvael »

I see in the code that it is possible that Det will drop in case there are no supplied enemy units within 3 hexes. Since this is a cauldron full of isolated Soviet units, you can expect Det of German units to go down at any time it would normally grow. Seems this is WAD.
uw06670

Post by uw06670 »

Okay, thanks for the info. So perhaps the "bug" was that the Det shouldn't have gone up to 4 to begin with. It does seem weird to me that it would go down, less weird if it hadn't gone up in the first place.

thanks and i'll just wait 5 more minutes before PM'ing you next time :-)
- Mark
morvael

Post by morvael »

I'd call this a side effect, maybe it wasn't intended, but I can rationalize it - with your units disintegrating you're getting confusing reports and you know less with each one.

Return to “Tech Support”