OT: Bought A Couple Books Yesterday

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Ostwindflak

OT: Bought A Couple Books Yesterday

Post by Ostwindflak »

As the title says, I purchased a couple of books yesterday. I noticed my military history library was very short on books about the Pacific Theater. It is overflowing with books on the Western and Eastern Fronts in Europe.

Just wanted to share these with you guys and see if anyone has read these books.

The first is: Pacific Crucible: war At Sea in the Pacific, 1941-1942 by Ian W. Toll. This is apparently a trilogy still in the works. This book was released in 2011. Volume 2 The Conquering Tide: War in the Pacific Islands, 1942-1944 was just released this past September 2015. It seems like a promising trilogy.
Here is a link for those interested. http://www.amazon.com/Pacific-Crucible- ... le+pacific

The second book is: New Georgia The Second Battle for the Solomons by Ronnie Day. This is a new release as of last month.
Here is a link to that as well. http://www.amazon.com/New-Georgia-Solom ... ew+Georgia

Sorry for the long links btw.

Anyway if anyone has read them let me know what you thought of these books before I dive in. [:)]
crsutton

RE: OT: Bought A Couple Books Yesterday

Post by crsutton »

Just finished Toll's second volume. Not ground breaking but a good refresher read. I would have to say that I enjoyed it. I think that his "Six Frigates" is a better book.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
Ostwindflak

RE: OT: Bought A Couple Books Yesterday

Post by Ostwindflak »

Well that's good to hear. So it sounds like you did not encounter anything technically wrong with the research or retelling of the events.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”