I am Catching the ASL Fever

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers.

Moderators: Paullus, Peter Fisla

snowbird

I am Catching the ASL Fever

Post by snowbird »

Ok, this game has done it. I sold off my massive ASL collection (including Annuals, General magazines, huge collection of scenarios in binders, etc) a few years back thinking that I was done with ASL. This game has made me pine for ASL again. I just purchased the core rule set, Starter Kit 1, and will be downloading VASL. I am hoping that VASL will also be a good source for scenarios for TOTH since so many setup files are available. Also, there are actually quite a few public domain ASL scenarios available on the web.

My first Avalon Hill game in my teen years was Luftwaffe bought at a small hobby shop in town, and then when Squad Leader came out, I thought it was just awesome with many a late gaming session with my friends (probably kept us out of trouble).[:D]
Krys

RE: I am Catching the ASL Fever

Post by Krys »

lol!

I started with Avalon Hill's Tactics II - in about 1965. Shows that I've been bouncing around for a while, but still playing games. I may get older, but I will NEVER grow up!

So many games...so little time...

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson
parusski

Post by parusski »

I was weaned on Squad Leader. Still play it at 49.

I never thought I would actually see any game coming close to the board game, but Peter did.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

I understand the bug. As I am playing TotH I have my Chapter H open so I can learn about the vehicles, etc. Also use the charts for fun.

ORIGINAL: snowbird

Ok, this game has done it. I sold off my massive ASL collection (including Annuals, General magazines, huge collection of scenarios in binders, etc) a few years back thinking that I was done with ASL. This game has made me pine for ASL again. I just purchased the core rule set, Starter Kit 1, and will be downloading VASL. I am hoping that VASL will also be a good source for scenarios for TOTH since so many setup files are available. Also, there are actually quite a few public domain ASL scenarios available on the web.

My first Avalon Hill game in my teen years was Luftwaffe bought at a small hobby shop in town, and then when Squad Leader came out, I thought it was just awesome with many a late gaming session with my friends (probably kept us out of trouble).[:D]
Bradley62

Post by Bradley62 »

It actually has me thinking of going back to my rules binder with all the charts and tables and giving it another go 30 years later. So many tutorials and other aids available online to learn the system. I never did punch out and use Beyond Valor counters. VASL is a very tempting proposition.
kylania

Post by kylania »

I was looking to pick up another starter kit and asked on Amazon if it was the updated version or not. After getting the answer the price jumped from $25 to $50. Man, sellers of OOP ASL stuff are jerks.
Meroka37

Post by Meroka37 »

You can get it directly from MMP at 25$ SK1
'Better honor without ships, than ships without honor"
kylania

Post by kylania »

Yeah, but the others are $100+
DoubleDeuce

Post by DoubleDeuce »

The Starter Kits are usually reasonably priced for new players (even veterans that want to try them) but just about any full ASL Core Module is gonna be big bucks. You want to see outrageous prices, try finding a copy of Solitaire ASL, 2nd Edition.
kylania

Post by kylania »

Luckily have a copy of that already. :)

Return to “Tigers on the Hunt”