Unable to interdict?

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers.

Moderators: Paullus, Peter Fisla

blazej

Unable to interdict?

Post by blazej »

Hi,

These are my final questions for today :)

If you look at the picture below, you can see a routing American unit (in the middle of the road between buildings). I tried interdicting it with units in the wooded hex below (see the arrow), and got the error message pictured here.

My question is: why interdiction was not possible here considering that there was clear LOS and no hindrance...

Also, the AI behavior here was completely wrong. It exited the broken unit from the building to its left (marked with orange circle) into plain sight, and it actually left it there, instead of moving it to the building marked with blue circle... That's suicide!

Still, overall the AI kicked my butt in this scenario :)

Best,
Michal

Attachments
Interdiction.jpg
Interdiction.jpg (60.19 KiB) Viewed 171 times
okiefire1

RE: Unable to interdict?

Post by okiefire1 »

The experts probably know for sure, but I'm guessing that unit used "low crawl" (movement of one hex only) to avoid interdiction. I think that's why it is darker (meaning it has finished its move) than the other broken unit, also.
Meroka37

Post by Meroka37 »

If the broken unit used LC (low Crawl) there is not interdiction
'Better honor without ships, than ships without honor"
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

He used Law Crawl. The hex AI choosed is the only one he can Rout to. He need to Rout as he is adjacent to a German unit, even if Broken. The other teo hexes to rout to he would still be adjacent so yep, right call by AI.
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
iPhoneAppz

Post by iPhoneAppz »

It seems like the unit should have routed to the hex to the northwest of where it actually routed. That way, there would have been no LOS between it and the units with which blazej was trying to interdict.
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

No he can't. He would still be adjacent to the broken German unit then.
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
GJK

Post by GJK »

I had this come up twice last night- I'm assuming that the AI low crawled (though I swear that in at least one case it moved more than the single hex) as I was unable to interdict where I clearly would of been able to normally. Suggestion Peter - can you have the output box indicate when a unit uses low crawl? It would save someone the time to line up the interdiction only to be told that the unit can't be interdicted.

Also - any plans for adding prisoners and "no quarter" in the future?? :)
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: GJK

I had this come up twice last night- I'm assuming that the AI low crawled (though I swear that in at least one case it moved more than the single hex) as I was unable to interdict where I clearly would of been able to normally. Suggestion Peter - can you have the output box indicate when a unit uses low crawl? It would save someone the time to line up the interdiction only to be told that the unit can't be interdicted.

Also - any plans for adding prisoners and "no quarter" in the future?? :)

You can tell when a broken unit used low crawl movement, the unit has a blue triangle in the upper right corner of the counter. Fore more details about other triangle markers for personnel units, please see the 5.1 section of the manual pages 22-23.

Peter

Return to “Tigers on the Hunt”