German tank replacements (where from?)

VR designs has been reinforced with designer Cameron Harris and the result is a revolutionary new operational war game 'Barbarossa' that plays like none other. It blends an advanced counter pushing engine with deep narrative, people management and in-depth semi-randomized decision systems.

Moderators: Vic, lancer

dhhd

German tank replacements (where from?)

Post by dhhd »

4th PG took heavy armour losses early, and by late September/early October, was somewhere in the 20-30% range for armour, according to the turn opening page and the PG tab.

Then, all of a sudden, it's back up to several hundred panzers running, back up to 90% or something.

It's not because of a refit - I didn't refit, and in any case the losses were combat, not breakdowns.

I haven't seen any replacements in Berlin of armour, so I'm not sure what happened. I mean, I'm not complaining, but is there something I missed, or did a bug just give me a bunch of free tanks?

Additionally, the trucks went to over 100%.

The other PGs are still beaten up - 30%, 32%, and 31% runners respectively.

(Additionally, what does a good player expect to end up with in terms of tank %s by the late game? Historically, the Germans lost something like 2,500 tanks).

dhhd

RE: German tank replacements (where from?)

Post by dhhd »

Update: I set 4PG to rest and refit next turn. This turn, it's at 24% runners. Huh?
Jonathan Pollard

Post by Jonathan Pollard »

4th PG gets 2 full strength armored divisions as reinforcements at the end of September, which is an additional 300 panzers.
dhhd

Post by dhhd »

It's the beginning of November now, though, and it happened again - PG4 strength has jumped.

It says 50 pz lost (which can't be true) and -50 trucks lost (don't even know how that came about).
dhhd

Post by dhhd »

And now it's back down to 27% (340 lost) and 78% (1050 lost).
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi dhhd,

There are five replacement 'waves' the provide additional tanks once per month via Berlin.

If you're getting additional trucks as well that sounds like what has happened as they arrive at the beginning of the month. November is the last wave. Nothing more after that.

There are a couple of wrinkles however.

If you're playing Easy mode you'll receive additional replacements.

If you've changed the replacement % setting (bottom centre of screen in unit details) then it's possible that all replacement tanks are being funneled into 4 PG at the expense of the others.

If you haven't done a refit and it's late in the game then it's also likely that you're loosing a lot of tanks due to mechanical failures. Check the mouseover tool tips in the PG tab down the bottom to see how many this is or your Daily Logs as breakdowns are highlighted there.

Cheers,
Cameron
dhhd

Post by dhhd »

ORIGINAL: lancer

Hi dhhd,

There are five replacement 'waves' the provide additional tanks once per month via Berlin.

If you're getting additional trucks as well that sounds like what has happened as they arrive at the beginning of the month. November is the last wave. Nothing more after that.

There are a couple of wrinkles however.

If you're playing Easy mode you'll receive additional replacements.

If you've changed the replacement % setting (bottom centre of screen in unit details) then it's possible that all replacement tanks are being funneled into 4 PG at the expense of the others.

If you haven't done a refit and it's late in the game then it's also likely that you're loosing a lot of tanks due to mechanical failures. Check the mouseover tool tips in the PG tab down the bottom to see how many this is or your Daily Logs as breakdowns are highlighted there.

Cheers,
Cameron

Near the end of the game (not on easy mode, won via Sudden Death or whatever it's called) 4PG was swinging back and forth, sometimes turn to turn, between displaying high numbers of runners (tanks and trucks) and low numbers, with the converse true of displayed losses. Very few losses due to mechanical breakdown - I was playing without historical deployment, and 4PG took heavy armour losses early on. I was also resting and refitting a fair bit. This was happening throughout the month, not just at the beginning. It was also happening without 4PG engaged in any heavy combat - at one point, 4PG was just sitting on the border, as I had already used the transfer card to move 2PG to AGS, and this was still happening. I had all the PGs set to "priority", not just 4PG, so I don't think it was 4PG getting all the replacements.

I'm pretty sure it's a bug.

Additionally, I might be missing something, but where do I see tank replacements? When I click on Berlin, all I see is infantry and guns displayed.
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi dhhd,

You indicated that you may have have already won the game?

If you look at the date on the top bar of the game (just to the left of the terrain window) does it say 'Game Over' there?

Cheers,
Cameron
dhhd

Post by dhhd »

I won the game in early December, however, the PG4 issues were happening for a few months before that.
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi dhhd,

O.K. Once you get to the game over message things can possibly go a little strange.

We'll take a look.

Cheers,
Cameron

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa”