Feature Request

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers.

Moderators: Paullus, Peter Fisla

DoubleDeuce

RE: Feature Request

Post by DoubleDeuce »

ORIGINAL: Hyregoth
4. Don't erase the previous phase results so that someone could scroll back up and read what
happened and who shot at whom.
Ideally I'd like to see something where all the text get posted/appended to a single .txt or .html file where it can be later searched/printed out if wanted.
GenChaos33

Post by GenChaos33 »

A)need some hotkeys...

1)End Current Phase - instead of clicking on red button
2)Next AI Continue move - instead of clicking on green button
3)Next unit or Next Hex with units in it

B)need a way to select ALL units in a hex with just a simple action via mouse AND/OR hotkey

C)need a better LOS checker.
Maybe enter hexes to be checked with mouse clicks on map. Or have all hex coordinates popup on map so that you see what coordinates to enter into LOS checker.

D)Unit Control Panel - Can you color code the words FIRED(maybe red), BROKEN(yellow), etc. It would be more noticeable instead of just all white text.

E)Does the word BROKEN have two meanings? A unit can be broken AND equipment can be broken. Maybe better to have to different words(add jammed?).
proflui

Post by proflui »

ORIGINAL: Noypi53

ORIGINAL: GordianKnot

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

After watching a twitch feed on the game being played there are some things that need to be added and a few that would make a great addition imo.

1) Movement points tracked and allowed movement range

2) LoS tool for occupied hexes (doesnt make sense that you have to guess what hexes your units can see in to)

3) Fire range (everyone with a weapon knows how far it will reach out to and what would be considered long range etc.)

4) A Hotkey to advance the AI. What a pain it must be now.

5) Centering map on moving unit

6) Click results panel to go to unit

7) Better designed results panel (Bigger Font, Color Coded font for actions, More spacing)

would be nice to have;

8) A clickable OOB with color coded text for the units status or greyed out for eliminated that jumps to unit

9) Zoom feature to show bigger picture

10) Multiplayer support!!!

+1

Also,

1) Some kind of movement / combat value numbers on the units. It would be nice to see the relative firepower and movement of the units at a glance or anywhere frankly. If they can't fit on the unit counters how about in the selection box? There is already plenty of text there. An addition 6-3-5 or something would fit IMO.

2) The ability to target artillery to empty hexes. Obviously you should be able to target hexes where you can't see an enemy unit. Especially with the delay, you need to be able to anticipate their advance.

+1 on both posts' suggestions.

Showing CV and movement values are the most important to me right now.
helmick

Post by helmick »

Have to toss my vote in for multi-story buildings. This would add a complete new dimension to movement and the ability to hinder movement from a long distance with HMG's on the top floor.
iPhoneAppz

Post by iPhoneAppz »

ORIGINAL: helmick

This would add a complete new dimension to movement...

Literally.
okiefire1

Post by okiefire1 »

Many scenarios have one side entering a map edge. I may be missing a way to do so, but I've not found how to do this when setting up a scenario. What I'm trying to prevent is a prep-fire on a side's first turn before they move onto the map. Is there a way to make a setup zone that is off map and out of sight? Otherwise, this can have quite an adverse impact on the scenario defender, when the attacker gets to shoot first. Thanks.
parusski

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: Gerry

Firegroups please.

I would like to see fire groups too. Not sure it can be done, but Peter will do if possible.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
snowbird

Post by snowbird »

My list

1) Hotkeys (user configurable would be best). I would love the ability to use the spacebar as an option for the AI Continue function.
2) Using the setup zone markers tend to obscure the terrain underneath the map. Possibly change to a heavy colored outline with a number.
3) I noticed that if I remove a zone setup hex that is on a victory hex, the victory hex will always change back to neutral.
4) When moving, highlight the farthest I could move. Or, use the current method and assign a hotkey that shows how far a unit could move.
5) As in #4, show the range of the weapon. This could be dots in two colors, normal range and long range (1/2 the firepower).
6) Show the potential of damaging a unit when hovering over an enemy.
7) Definitely clicking a hyperlink in the results window should center on the unit.
8) Center on a unit when the AI moves
9) Easier selection of units by a right click and showing the units in a box. Single click on each unit for selection. If a mistake is made, either allowing single click to unselect or hotkey to clear.
10) Check the verbiage on the pop up message boxes. Some need simple additions (e.g. adding "the").
Example: A UNIT Out of Command cannot move in the Advance Segment
Example: ROF is lost & Residual FP is placed in the Target Hex
11) Ability to zoom out on the map
12) Place a marker on the support weapon when it is broken, etc
13) Scroll the map by holding down the left mouse button. Prefer this method instead of scrolling by moving the mouse to the edge (scroll by accident sometimes when using menu items).
14) Line of sight check by stretching a line on the map. Or, pull up the line of sight tool and click on the two hexes on the map to check LOS. The LOS Check window appears to be modal. I cannot move the mouse cursor over hexes on the map to get the x,y coordinates while the window is active. Need to memorize or write down the coordinates before pulling up the window.
15) Allow the Esc key to de-select my unit
16) If an attack has no result, display No Effect or something of that nature in the combat results window.

Thanks for making a great game! Writing these suggestions down as I am playing a scenario.
jascou

Post by jascou »

I would prefer the jump window to be larger and zoomed in to a smaller scale, in order to give a better overview of the battle.
midgard30

Post by midgard30 »

1- Spotters for mortar (or some kind of LOS like Conflict of Heroes)
2- Snipers
3- Troop transport
Doraniner

Post by Doraniner »

1.Center map on movement and fire.

2.Multy level Buildings.

3.Add Railroads to the editor (mostly cosmetic but a nice addition)

4.Possibility to add AFV wrecks with the editor.

5.Add Mines, wires and pillboxes.
MikeGER

Post by MikeGER »

ORIGINAL: snowbird

My list

1) Hotkeys (user configurable would be best). I would love the ability to use the spacebar as an option for the AI Continue function.
2) Using the setup zone markers tend to obscure the terrain underneath the map. Possibly change to a heavy colored outline with a number.
3) I noticed that if I remove a zone setup hex that is on a victory hex, the victory hex will always change back to neutral.
4) When moving, highlight the farthest I could move. Or, use the current method and assign a hotkey that shows how far a unit could move.
5) As in #4, show the range of the weapon. This could be dots in two colors, normal range and long range (1/2 the firepower).
6) Show the potential of damaging a unit when hovering over an enemy.
7) Definitely clicking a hyperlink in the results window should center on the unit.
8) Center on a unit when the AI moves
9) Easier selection of units by a right click and showing the units in a box. Single click on each unit for selection. If a mistake is made, either allowing single click to unselect or hotkey to clear.
10) Check the verbiage on the pop up message boxes. Some need simple additions (e.g. adding "the").
Example: A UNIT Out of Command cannot move in the Advance Segment
Example: ROF is lost & Residual FP is placed in the Target Hex
11) Ability to zoom out on the map
12) Place a marker on the support weapon when it is broken, etc
13) Scroll the map by holding down the left mouse button. Prefer this method instead of scrolling by moving the mouse to the edge (scroll by accident sometimes when using menu items).
14) Line of sight check by stretching a line on the map. Or, pull up the line of sight tool and click on the two hexes on the map to check LOS. The LOS Check window appears to be modal. I cannot move the mouse cursor over hexes on the map to get the x,y coordinates while the window is active. Need to memorize or write down the coordinates before pulling up the window.
15) Hitting the Esc key de-selects my unit

Thanks for making a great game! Writing these suggestions down as I am playing a scenario.

A big fat +1 on all these UI improvements

In addition, for old wargamers with bad eyesight (like me ;-) and i bet iam not alone ) i would like to have a mild (let say 125%) zoomed-in possibility for the map
as an option

Best would be a continuous zoom in/out with middle-mouse-wheel from -25% to + 125% on the map so

- concerning further gameplay improvements

multi story buildings would be my first most wish
from the list of as close as inspired as possible to ASL items
wesy

Post by wesy »

I like the game, but can we get min/max buttons and the ability to resize? Tired of Alt-Tab
"I ran into Isosceles. He had a great idea for a new triangle!"...Woody Allen
nko

Post by nko »

Maybe ToH could be used for close combat style campaigns if it allows to save battle results in a way that one can use the data in a new battle later.

For example if a map receives damage (house damage etc) during the battle, then it would be great if the damage could be saved so that one can later play a new battle on the same map with damage inlicted on this map earlier.

Also if we could have the data for both opposing forces in the end of battle (force composition, experience etc) to be used for next battles.

I'm thinking about some kind data import feature for the scenario editor: one can import data for map together with earlier damage+data for opposing forces.

Like said I'm hoping to create close combat style strategic campaign where battles are fought in ToH but the strategic map, battlegroup counters etc exist outside the ToH.
sambruzs

Post by sambruzs »

I second the motion for firegroups
SteveD64

Post by SteveD64 »

For some scenarios, the ability to rotate the game board so that you're moving from left to right (or right to left) instead of from bottom to top. Also, Zoom in and out!
ArmyEsq

Post by ArmyEsq »

1- smoke capability
2- multi level buildings!!!
3- extreme winter modeling
4- ground snow, mud
4- ski troops
5- Low Visibility modeling
6- winter camouflage
7- multi level buildings!!
8- factory buildings!

Wow! Awesome game system in its own right; but how fantastic to be able to re-create the ASL scenarios! Thank you!
rsist34

Post by rsist34 »

Ability to correct OBA before FFE takes place. Ability to target empty hexes with OBA. As it stands now targeted units just move out of the area begore the FFE takes place.
okiefire1

Post by okiefire1 »

First I want to congratulate and give sincere kudos to Peter. I'm a REALLY old gamer and never thought any semblance of an ASL game would ever make it to the PC screen. My deepest appreciation to you, sir. There are a few things that might be easily added to allow more scenarios to be ported to TotH, IMO.

1. Multi-level buildings
2. User-placed foxholes (so many scenarios use these).
3. User-placed road blocks, mines, wire. (again used by several scenarios)
4. Smoke (grenades, MTR, AFV).

I know there are many other things that could be added, and I'm not really a programmer, but these are doable, I think.

Again, thank you for allowing this old geezer to enjoy some ASL action on the PC.
36142CP

Post by 36142CP »

Snow scenarios/maps with snow texture modeling which can be then used in the editor for creating etc. With the snow scenario a different background sound selection (wind whistling etc) to capture the ambience![8D] Snipers would be good like the squad leader expansion sets.

Return to “Tigers on the Hunt”