Finland Advances PBEM - working correctly?

VR designs has been reinforced with designer Cameron Harris and the result is a revolutionary new operational war game 'Barbarossa' that plays like none other. It blends an advanced counter pushing engine with deep narrative, people management and in-depth semi-randomized decision systems.

Moderators: Vic, lancer

Steve110

Finland Advances PBEM - working correctly?

Post by Steve110 »

Hi,

In my 2nd PBEM game as the AXIS and I've experienced the following situation both times:

Status Quo choices taken at start
I take Narva/Luga and the AGN report starts detailing the 5-10% chance of Finland advancing beyond border
Every turn prior to taking Leningrad they refuse to advance, with roll always being very high ( always 60+, lowest I think I've seen is 68)
The turn after I take Leningrad they then immediately decide to advance but there is no notification that I see of any recorded die roll

Just wanted to check that I've experienced an unusual coincidence - or is it possible its not working as described/intended?

cheers
Steve
Jonathan Pollard

RE: Finland Advances PBEM - working correctly?

Post by Jonathan Pollard »

One question I have about Finland advancing is whether or not the red "B" restriction can be circumvented by advancing into the USSR via lakes after they freeze because they don't have any red "B"s.
lancer

RE: Finland Advances PBEM - working correctly?

Post by lancer »

Hi Steve,

The attitude of the Finnish govt. is keyed around your capture of Narva & Luga with a % chance of agreeing to authorise border crossings each turn. The die roll is shown only if the roll fails.

A successful roll generates a pop-up notification message that you are good to cross the historical border.

The fact that they agreed on the turn you took Leningrad is probably just coincidence.

Whether the Finnish govt. would be more disposed to attack Russia once Leningrad has been captured is debatable given the politics of the day. As things stand at present the Finnish govt. will always authorise a border crossing but the timing of this is highly variable due to the random roll which is about where I'd like it to be given the governments tendency to act solely in it's own best interests and the frustration on the part of the Germans in getting them to do what they wanted.

Hi Jonathan,

Nope, got that one covered.

Cheers,
Cameron

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa”