Idea for Posting of Scenarios and Mods

Moderators: Paullus, Peter Fisla

snowbird

Idea for Posting of Scenarios and Mods

Post by snowbird »

Had the following thought - What if we had a single thread that would only contain scenarios. Each post would consist of the scenario description and version. Since we can go back to our original post and make any revisions (including posting updated versions of the scenario), it seems like an elegant one stop shop for scenario postings. At the top of the thread could be a message from a moderator to the effect of "this thread is only for submitted scenarios. Please post no comments." The scenario author could announce the scenario in another thread which would allow the normal discussion. Keeping the scenarios thread at the top of Scenarios and Mods section would be helpful. A similar method could be used for posting mods too.

Just food for thought.
Krys

RE: Idea for Posting of Scenarios and Mods

Post by Krys »

I like the idea, but would suggest that the person creating & posting the mods be encouraged to include suggestions, tips, and/or backstory for the mods. Makes things a bit more interesting to have a story if there isn't one already implied, and several mod makers have offered suggestions on how to approach the missions, which is also a nice touch.

And...have to admit that positive comments from the community are always a nice 'pat on the back' for the mod makers. [;)]
So many games...so little time...

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson
snowbird

Post by snowbird »

Great ideas

The positive comments would still be possible in the separate authors thread regarding the scenario or mod. They are definitely nice to see. [:)]
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

I was thinking in a similar way[:)]. I will start the threads we need.
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

Thanks for the new scenarios. AND it's only a week ago it was released!

Would probably be good if we commented somewhere else and not in that thread. Is there a way you can keep that thread for just posting scenarios?
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

Not sure, we will have to try
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
snowbird

Post by snowbird »

Do you think I should post my terrain effects chart to the Submitted Mods thread? It is kind of in that gray area -- essentially a player aide. I could also leave it just in the general posting section of this forum. Love that we have this available now for Scenarios, Maps, and Mods. I see that there are a couple posts in the Scenarios area that will need to be deleted (seems they made a mistake). [:)]

I will add my new improved version of my scenario (Hedgehog of Piepsk) in there today or tomorrow. Thanks again for implementing all of this.
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

Jorgen could maybe add another thread for Files which could be play aids of any kind, etc.
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

Yes I will do that. I'll create this thread when I get home from work today.

Jorgen

snowbird

Post by snowbird »

Loving the new Submitted Scenarios section. One small correction needed on the scenario list on the first post:

Defiance of Hill 30

Should be changed to:

Defiance on Hill 30

Thanks
okiefire1

Post by okiefire1 »

Good catch. If I have to make other changes, I'll do that. Not sure it's worth the trouble and confusion to change right now. I'm new to the forum and am surprised I figured out how to even get started. [;)]

I hope you enjoy the scenario.
snowbird

Post by snowbird »

Hi okiefire_ssl --

Your scenario naming is fine. It is only for the scenario listing at the top of the thread in the Submitted Scenarios section. Thanks for making the scenario! [:)]
36142CP

Post by 36142CP »

I'm hoping to see some scenarios in the snow as time goes on. Hopefully those textures can be produced.
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

Nice catch [:)]
snowbird

Post by snowbird »

Unfortunately, people are still posting messages by mistake in the Submitted Scenarios section. That probably will never go way. Just the occasional cleanup.[:)]
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

I will clean up the threads every now and then

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”