Fort disappearing at Fin border

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Pitaman

Fort disappearing at Fin border

Post by Pitaman »

I built a fort just north of Leningrad at Finish border and the next turn it was gone and the Finnish unit entered the hex. Does a newly built fort disappear when it comes in contact with an enemy unit? This is the only reason I can think of for the fort to disappear on the next turn. It is hard enough to play Pelton in a campaign game without having to worry if the game is working right.

SigUp

RE: Fort disappearing at Fin border

Post by SigUp »

The fort unit like every unit you create start the turn you've created it depleted at 0/0 TOE. It won't be until your next logistics phase that it will be reinforced. Depleted units get bounced once an enemy unit moves next unit (with fort units disappearing since they can't move).
No idea

Post by No idea »

ORIGINAL: Pitaman

I built a fort just north of Leningrad at Finish border and the next turn it was gone and the Finnish unit entered the hex. Does a newly built fort disappear when it comes in contact with an enemy unit? This is the only reason I can think of for the fort to disappear on the next turn. It is hard enough to play Pelton in a campaign game without having to worry if the game is working right.

If you build a fort adjacent to an enemy unit, it will dissapear in the logistic phase before it can reinforce. NEVER built a fort adjacent to an enemy unit UNLESS you also put a unit in that hex
Pitaman

Post by Pitaman »

Thanks for the info. I didn't build it next to the enemy. He moved next to the fort during his turn.
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

I feel your pain, learned this one the "hard way" myself. :)

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”