The Bullet that destroys itself

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Zap

The Bullet that destroys itself

Post by Zap »

I tried to get my head around the usefulness of such a bullet. Even with the explanation given I could not see the practicality. Maybe that's why the Pentagon has not given the okay on this yet.
https://military.id.me/firepower/army-p ... g-bullets/
Twotribes

RE: The Bullet that destroys itself

Post by Twotribes »

Stupid idea.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

Sounds good to me, as exactly how it is explained. just like a lot of missiles that self destruct after a certain time or distance.
Formerly Goodwood

operating

Post by operating »

OMG! Now we have PC bullets? No wonder the current administration cannot win a war...[8|]
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
Zap

Post by Zap »

I thought about the local unit with the 50 caliber machine gun. Would they be carrying these 2 types of ammunition with them on the battlefield. If they grabbed the wrong box of 50 caliber ammunition. They were supposed to grab the long range 50 cal. but they grabbed the short distance box of ammo. I may be over simplifying howitmight work.
operating

Post by operating »

Can see where a court marshal is coming if a soldier uses regular ammo instead of PC ammo, come-on give me a break... Next thing you will know is: Our guys will only be able to use stun guns against ak-47s!!! Do you think the enemy is going to be using PC ammo? I don't think so....[&:]
E

Post by E »

ORIGINAL: operating
Can see where a court marshal is coming if a soldier...
I know you mean a "court martial," but I still can't get a mental image of an approaching Bailiff in Dodge City out of my head now!
"Lose" is the opposite of "win." "Loose" is the opposite of "tight."

Friends Don't Let Friends Facebook.

Twitter is for... (wait for it!) ...Twits!
JWW

Post by JWW »

I see so many bad possible outcomes with this.
troopie

Post by troopie »

I can see a police use for this bullet, but not a military use.

troopie
Pamwe Chete
Orm

Post by Orm »

I think a self destructing bullet could find its use on the firing range. In Sweden I know of cases where military have fired a machine gun to high on the shooting range and a fatal accident occurred. So I suspect that lives might be saved if using a self destructing bullet when practicing with live rounds.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: Zap

I tried to get my head around the usefulness of such a bullet. Even with the explanation given I could not see the practicality. Maybe that's why the Pentagon has not given the okay on this yet.
https://military.id.me/firepower/army-p ... g-bullets/
Thank you for sharing. [:)]
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
danlongman

Post by danlongman »

ORIGINAL: operating

OMG! Now we have PC bullets? No wonder the current administration cannot win a war...[8|]

Like the previous one did? Short attention span.
"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw
Zap

Post by Zap »

Well, the 2 possibilities presented make sense. Police and firing range. But would that warrant the development of this specialized bullet. That is probably what the Pentagon is mulling over.
operating

Post by operating »

Specialized ammo more than likely would require specialized weapons to fire the ammo. What would be the cost difference between standard issue ammo as compared to specialized ammo? Only because of firing range incidents locally, would I consider specialized ammo for target practice as an alternative. I'm sure in many PC communities, they would insist on it.

Return to “General Discussion”