Mechanical Reliability

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers.

Moderators: Paullus, Peter Fisla

Big Ivan

Mechanical Reliability

Post by Big Ivan »

A funny/interesting thing happened when I was playing a scenario of my own design.

I went to startup a German Panther VD tank on Turn 1 and the tank turned into a wreck.

The message stated that this vehicle failed its mechanical reliability check and is unavailable for the duration of the scenario.
Figured I must have rolled box cars (12) on the startup.

I then read the manual to see if there was any further info about this result and I couldn't find anything on it.

I have to admit its a nice touch but the Germans will be hard pressed to win this scenario w/o that tank!

Questions:

1) Are there other tanks in the system that have a high probability of breakdown?

2) Can mechanical reliability for AFV's be modified within the parameters of the editor?

Big Ivan
Blitz call sign Big Ivan.
Paullus

RE: Mechanical Reliability

Post by Paullus »

1. Yes there are a couple. At the top of my head the Russian T34, T43 and KV-1. German Tiger I (VIE).

2. No it can't
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus

Return to “Tigers on the Hunt”