Feature Request

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers.

Moderators: Paullus, Peter Fisla

blackcloud6

RE: Feature Request

Post by blackcloud6 »

One of the things I'm having problems with is remembering to stop a vehicle. The stop button is way to the right on the screen, off map, and on my wide screen, there is much blank space, so I'm not focused on it. Do you think it would be possible in the future to add a symbol on the AFV counters to indicate the vehicle is in motion? maybe a red oval (like tracks) or a red arrow pointing forward or something?
KhanDam2

Post by KhanDam2 »

Hello everyone

Sorry if it's already Sid but I don't understand all English post so I think this feature could be interesting :
In oob the possibility to have name for unit the handle of # is not so easy and the possibility to group some counter with a group name for regrouping some counter
I think about just showing the name and the group in the oob and report Windows, there are no special handling with that

Thanks
Semper Fi - Sicut Aquila
Noypi53

Post by Noypi53 »

ORIGINAL: GordianKnot

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

After watching a twitch feed on the game being played there are some things that need to be added and a few that would make a great addition imo.

1) Movement points tracked and allowed movement range

2) LoS tool for occupied hexes (doesnt make sense that you have to guess what hexes your units can see in to)

3) Fire range (everyone with a weapon knows how far it will reach out to and what would be considered long range etc.)

4) A Hotkey to advance the AI. What a pain it must be now.

5) Centering map on moving unit

6) Click results panel to go to unit

7) Better designed results panel (Bigger Font, Color Coded font for actions, More spacing)

would be nice to have;

8) A clickable OOB with color coded text for the units status or greyed out for eliminated that jumps to unit

9) Zoom feature to show bigger picture

10) Multiplayer support!!!

+1

Also,

1) Some kind of movement / combat value numbers on the units. It would be nice to see the relative firepower and movement of the units at a glance or anywhere frankly. If they can't fit on the unit counters how about in the selection box? There is already plenty of text there. An addition 6-3-5 or something would fit IMO.

2) The ability to target artillery to empty hexes. Obviously you should be able to target hexes where you can't see an enemy unit. Especially with the delay, you need to be able to anticipate their advance.

+1 on both posts' suggestions.
mavraamides

Post by mavraamides »

ORIGINAL: Paullus

Great idea. I think we will do that when we (read Peter) have addressed bugs and technical issues encountered after game release. [:)]

We use a system where I work that is pretty effective:
1) The business owners submit a list of requests.
2) The dev's go through the requests and assign a rough estimate of the difficulty of each so they all have a point based 'cost' associated with them.
3) The business owners have a fixed budget of points and choose the features they prefer while keeping the total point cost below their budget.

And that defines a release.

Just throwing that out there into the universe of ideas!
MikeMarchant_ssl

Post by MikeMarchant_ssl »

If I was the business owner I'd be telling my developers I want it all, and I want it yesterday. [:D]

Best Wishes

Mike
gogol

Post by gogol »

Multi level buildings !

(sorry if there is already , i m only at training scenarios )
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

This is a tie between first and second for me.
ORIGINAL: gogol

Multi level buildings !

(sorry if there is already , i m only at training scenarios )
mavraamides

Post by mavraamides »

ORIGINAL: MikeMarchant_ssl

If I was the business owner I'd be telling my developers I want it all, and I want it yesterday. [:D]

Best Wishes

Mike

And that's exactly what that system stops them from doing. Everything has a price.
mainsworthy

Post by mainsworthy »

I don't want my most wanted movement ranges , because I know it wont happen because its dynamic and doubletime and leaders alter it, also engine starts turning etc... I know how complex it would be, so I'm asking for my second most wanted doable feature - I want to be able to run it on my surface pro 3 tablet without keyboard or mouse, so you would have to make the UI completely left=click control, I know there will be sacrifice on ease of use, but seriously it will be the best wargame available on a tablet
https://hiphopy.itch.io/

check when you can, I put diff stuff on now and then
mavraamides

Post by mavraamides »

ORIGINAL: mainsworthy

I don't want my most wanted movement ranges , because I know it wont happen because its dynamic and doubletime and leaders alter it, also engine starts turning etc... I know how complex it would be, so I'm asking for my second most wanted doable feature - I want to be able to run it on my surface pro 3 tablet without keyboard or mouse, so you would have to make the UI completely left=click control, I know there will be sacrifice on ease of use, but seriously it will be the best wargame available on a tablet

Movement range isn't all that difficult to display. There is an algorithm very similar to the A* path finding algorithm that can calculate that in about the same amount of time. And while it's true that it is dynamic, you can always display the maximum range with the understanding that something might happen on the way to your target hex that could shorten it.
mavraamides

Post by mavraamides »

OK, here's one I thought of last night. For weapon's with a firing arc, it appears that the weapon's range indicator shows all of the hexes that could be hit instead of just the ones that could be hit from the current arc. It would be nice to only show the ones that can be hit with the current weapon's firing arc or differentiate between those. Maybe grey dots for cells in range and white dots for cells in range AND in current arc?
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

1. OBA being able to target empty hexes so you can simulate a pre-bombardment.
2. Spotters for MTRs.
mainsworthy

Post by mainsworthy »

ORIGINAL: GordianKnot

ORIGINAL: mainsworthy

Movement range isn't all that difficult to display. There is an algorithm very similar to the A* path finding algorithm that can calculate that in about the same amount of time. And while it's true that it is dynamic, you can always display the maximum range with the understanding that something might happen on the way to your target hex that could shorten it.
I forgot its already known by the program, as it goverens moves deh , I'm a dumbo,

Brazouck

Post by Brazouck »

hello, so far I love the game. I'm an ASL player, and this game feel like it could give us the ASL chill, if a little more info were given.

My wishlist so far :

Not have to AI confirm when you don't have to do anythin, in ennemy rout and advance.

Zoom with srollwheel

Hotkeys, especially for continuing AI movement

Getting back to normal move when you select a new unit, don't keep the last setting, so much mistakes !

Center map on movement, important on large maps !

Movement points / factors counting, in the info box, like :
US ID12 Squad Spent 1 on 4 MF
US ID12 Squad Spent 2 on 4 MF
etc...

An switchable overlay of the map with movement cost for the unit selected

Result of attacks like :
Gun Miss
Gun Hit but inflict no damage
Gun Hit inflict Morale Check GE Squad 10 Passed, GE Squad 11 Broken

MG Miss Keeps Rof
MG Hit Keeps Rof, Morale check GE Squad 5 Passed

Hope this can be done, would improve game immensely.

Sorry for bad english, I'm french
mainsworthy

Post by mainsworthy »

ORIGINAL: Brazouck

hello, so far I love the game. I'm an ASL player, and this game feel like it could give us the ASL chill, if a little more info were given.

My wishlist so far :

Not have to AI confirm when you don't have to do anythin, in ennemy rout and advance.

Zoom with srollwheel

Hotkeys, especially for continuing AI movement

Getting back to normal move when you select a new unit, don't keep the last setting, so much mistakes !

Center map on movement, important on large maps !

Movement points / factors counting, in the info box, like :
US ID12 Squad Spent 1 on 4 MF
US ID12 Squad Spent 2 on 4 MF
etc...

An switchable overlay of the map with movement cost for the unit selected

Result of attacks like :
Gun Miss
Gun Hit but inflict no damage
Gun Hit inflict Morale Check GE Squad 10 Passed, GE Squad 11 Broken

MG Miss Keeps Rof
MG Hit Keeps Rof, Morale check GE Squad 5 Passed

Hope this can be done, would improve game immensely.

Sorry for bad english, I'm french
I hope I can help, here is what I found, if you goto mods and scenarios and download JMass VASL mod for TotH, you will find an ASL type game, the AFVs Tanks etc... have the correct Movement points on the chits eg: 1 point to start engine, 1 point to change direction and 1 point to move a hex on clear ground, you can check this on a blank map with a tank. the infantry move correctly for ASL 4 hexes plus 2 with a leader, plus one if you start and stop on a road, plus 2 double time, the legged units in ASL have 3 numbers FIRE POWER,FIRE RANGE,MORAL, the mod takes the A to H fire-power and converts it to ASL for you, you can check range of fire with the menu to show range, moral is stars converted to ASL.

what all this means is the Mod counters have meaningfull numbers on the chits, you can go to the vassalegine site and download the ASL module(rename it with a zip extention and unzip it) it has all the ASL tables. you can watch youtube tutorials like idjester

here is a fire-power and moral conversion for you

Fire Power

8 - A
7 - B
6 - C
5 - D
4 - E
3 - F
2 - G
1 - H

Morale

8 - ***
7 - **
6 - *
5 -

the firepower is halfed if over the normal range, but less than double the range.

the terrain cost on movement has an ASL chart in the mods and scenarios section

Brazouck

Post by Brazouck »

thaks, I know that, but I think this shoud be in the game, not everyone plays ASL, and having an MF count while moving, and an overlay of terrain cost should help a lot.

For me, I don't need the charts,I know them [:D]

But, for the combat log, I would like to know if my shot missed because of a high DR on my part, or just the foe manage his MC.

And, for the love of John Hill, a hotkey to continue AI actions !
WMMangus

Post by WMMangus »

I played three scenarios last night before bed. At 0330 I woke suddenly, thinking, "where are the stone wall and hedge hex sides from ASL?"

I think this would be a great addition, with the appropriate TEM's and LOS factors.

This, along with multiple level buildings would seem to be the next logical game expansion.
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

"Center map on movement, important on large maps ! "

+1
blazej

Post by blazej »

For me, the most important things are:

- Key shortcuts are a must. I want to be able to show/hide markers or counters or the mini-map with a key press and not have to look for it in the menu or toolbar.
- Center map on movement and fire
- Showing map edges ("can I scroll more in this direction or not?")
- Having to enter hex coordinates into the LOS tool is really bad :)
- Units selection improvements (for example, clicking at the list and not CTRL-clicking; if a hex only contains one unit, select it by default; etc.)
- Clicking on a line in the action log to show the hex where the unit is. Otherwise tracking down units that became OOC or failed to rally becomes a real pain in the ass.
- AI and randomness need to be aggressively assessed and improved. Some really strange things are reported on this forum :)

Thanks,
Michał
Hyregoth

Post by Hyregoth »

I know many people have mentioned the issue with clicking on the map where you have a stack
of units, then having to click at the bottom of the screen to select the unit then back up on
the map to actually attack. I know it can be irritating but it's not a deal breaker for me.
You do get used to it after a while and I can't think of a simple solution at this point except
to automatically select if there is only one unit with no attachments. That would help a bit.

I've got a couple requests:
1. Fill in the game manual with more details about each phase.
2. Allow US and German use of most captured weapons
3. Allow POWs
4. Don't erase the previous phase results so that someone could scroll back up and read what
happened and who shot at whom.
5. Any idea how or when a Campaign is going to be available?

Thanks,
Hyregoth

Return to “Tigers on the Hunt”