Feature Request

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers.

Moderators: Paullus, Peter Fisla

Missouri_Rebel

RE: Feature Request

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

After watching a twitch feed on the game being played there are some things that need to be added and a few that would make a great addition imo.

1) Movement points tracked and allowed movement range

2) LoS tool for occupied hexes (doesnt make sense that you have to guess what hexes your units can see in to)

3) Fire range (everyone with a weapon knows how far it will reach out to and what would be considered long range etc.)

4) A Hotkey to advance the AI. What a pain it must be now.

5) Centering map on moving unit

6) Click results panel to go to unit

7) Better designed results panel (Bigger Font, Color Coded font for actions, More spacing)

would be nice to have;

8) A clickable OOB with color coded text for the units status or greyed out for eliminated that jumps to unit

9) Zoom feature to show bigger picture

10) Multiplayer support!!!
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

Sorry for being dense. Can you explain a bit about how we could set that up?
ORIGINAL: iPhoneAppz
Two players connect to each other. One acts as the server, the other, the client.
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

Firegroups please.
iPhoneAppz

Post by iPhoneAppz »

ORIGINAL: Gerry

Sorry for being dense. Can you explain a bit about how we could set that up?
ORIGINAL: iPhoneAppz
Two players connect to each other. One acts as the server, the other, the client.
I can't post links yet, but just Google "peer to peer multiplayer" and you'll find plenty of details on how to implement it.
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

Thanks.
Krys

Post by Krys »

ORIGINAL: MikeMarchant_ssl

The game is click-heavy and the UI does need work, but let's be patient here. This is the first version of the game and it's clear that a huge amount of work has gone into it. I can't even imagine embarking on a project of this scale and being able to get it to the stage it's at right now. Hopefully, in time, with patches and perhaps new versions (Tigers on the Hunt 2 - The Mauling) things will improve and improve and improve.

I think it's right that we point you things that we don't like or think don't work, but I'd like to do that in a calm and sympathetic way.

Best Wishes

Mike

I agree with most everything said here, nut ESPECIALLY that we offer constructive criticism/suggestions in a calm, patient, and sympathetic way. TOTH is a masterpiece, but even people like Tolkien and Hemmingway worked with editors to improve their masterpieces, and I'm sure Peter and Jorgen et. al are receptive to ideas & suggestions from the fan base.

That said - "Rome wasn't built in a day" so patience on the part of all fans is a good thing surely.
So many games...so little time...

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

I only post about games I care about.
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
keas66

Post by keas66 »

Current wish list .
- Some sort of logging facility to track results over the whole scenario
- passengers
- crews in vehicles able to bail or get back in
- recover/use disposed enemy SW's
sambruzs

Post by sambruzs »

Cheers

Toolbar button to highlight broken units. Would be nice feature to have during owning players rout phase

thanks
scaz

Post by scaz »

My feature request would be to make the elevation "hill" terrain more of a contrast in terms of color or elevation lines.
jeffdeham1

Post by jeffdeham1 »

I would like to see where you click on the one or more units you want with out using the control key. Click again on any units you don't want again to deselect. Control key saved for special clicks.

Thanks for the great work!

Jeff
kylania

Post by kylania »

ORIGINAL: sambruzs

Toolbar button to highlight broken units. Would be nice feature to have during owning players rout phase

The ASL mod includes a different Broken flag which is visible in a stack. Little red tag off to the left, but only the first round.

Addon:

There was a thread about centering maps and it occured to me that a lot of the pain with having a single map far left is having to constantly move your mouse over to the right panel to click on things. The reliance on this could be stopped by having hotkeys available for those actions.

Instead of F1 causing a 'Failed to launch help' error MessageBox make it advance the turn sequence. Instead of making AI Continue be a button on the far right you must click, make Spacebar activate it so you can keep focused on the action. Let W be Start, S be Stop, Q and E be Turret Covered Arc, A and D be Hull Covered Arc, F be Bog/Mired or whatever options for vehicles. For infantry maybe use A = Assault, D = Double Time, W = move or whatever. That way it's fine if the map is far left since you can control everything currently on the right button panel without having to look or move your mouse over to it and it keeps you in the action.
mavraamides

Post by mavraamides »

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

After watching a twitch feed on the game being played there are some things that need to be added and a few that would make a great addition imo.

1) Movement points tracked and allowed movement range

2) LoS tool for occupied hexes (doesnt make sense that you have to guess what hexes your units can see in to)

3) Fire range (everyone with a weapon knows how far it will reach out to and what would be considered long range etc.)

4) A Hotkey to advance the AI. What a pain it must be now.

5) Centering map on moving unit

6) Click results panel to go to unit

7) Better designed results panel (Bigger Font, Color Coded font for actions, More spacing)

would be nice to have;

8) A clickable OOB with color coded text for the units status or greyed out for eliminated that jumps to unit

9) Zoom feature to show bigger picture

10) Multiplayer support!!!

+1

Also,

1) Some kind of movement / combat value numbers on the units. It would be nice to see the relative firepower and movement of the units at a glance or anywhere frankly. If they can't fit on the unit counters how about in the selection box? There is already plenty of text there. An addition 6-3-5 or something would fit IMO.

2) The ability to target artillery to empty hexes. Obviously you should be able to target hexes where you can't see an enemy unit. Especially with the delay, you need to be able to anticipate their advance.
Hotschi

Post by Hotschi »

.) The ability to drop and reassign support weapons; imagine 2 squads and 1 support weapon in same hex - the broken one sticks to it's MMG, why can't the other squad use the MMG instead and kick those broken guys aside?
"A big butcher's bill is not necessarily evidence of good tactics"

- Wavell's reply to Churchill, after the latter complained about faint-heartedness, as he discovered that British casualties in the evacuation from Somaliland had been only 260 men.
blazej

Post by blazej »

Just as a side note, I think that it would be very cool to organize an on-line survey of players to choose the 5 (or 10) most wanted features among all those mentioned in this thread.

Best,
Michal
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

Great idea. I think we will do that when we (read Peter) have addressed bugs and technical issues encountered after game release. [:)]
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
MikeMarchant_ssl

Post by MikeMarchant_ssl »

ORIGINAL: blazej

Just as a side note, I think that it would be very cool to organize an on-line survey of players to choose the 5 (or 10) most wanted features among all those mentioned in this thread.

Best,
Michal

By 'wanted features', blazej, do you mean additions to the game play, or user interface improvements, or both?

Best Wishes

Mike
toddtreadway

Post by toddtreadway »

I just noticed that there is no warning if you have broken units next to good-order enemy units and then you end the rout phase. Your units simply disappear. I believe there should be some warning of this.
toddtreadway

Post by toddtreadway »

How about an autosave feature?
toddtreadway

Post by toddtreadway »

Also, the ability to hit "N" for next unit, and ALSO the ability to "S" (sentry) a unit to take that unit out of the queue.

Return to “Tigers on the Hunt”