End of the battle due low morale crash

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
jtammisa

End of the battle due low morale crash

Post by jtammisa »

Hi, Bought the game some time ago and just started playing it. I am getting several crashes to desktop at the end of the battle when enemy loses to low morale. And my allied grand campaign when trying to fight the next battle for bridge at arnhem it crashes every time when the germans lose morale, tried five times in a row. As this makes the game unplayable and there is probably no change of a patch, does anyone know a workaround ?
Would turning off the end battle when low morale choice help ? That would change the feel of the game sadly.

Its a shame as this is my favorite close combat of the series. Have all of the originals in big boxed copies :)
Stwa

RE: End of the battle due low morale crash

Post by Stwa »

ORIGINAL: jtammisa

Hi, Bought the game some time ago and just started playing it. I am getting several crashes to desktop at the end of the battle when enemy loses to low morale. And my allied grand campaign when trying to fight the next battle for bridge at arnhem it crashes every time when the germans lose morale, tried five times in a row. As this makes the game unplayable and there is probably no change of a patch, does anyone know a workaround ?
Would turning off the end battle when low morale choice help ? That would change the feel of the game sadly.

Its a shame as this is my favorite close combat of the series. Have all of the originals in big boxed copies :)

How can this game be your favorite in the series, when you state the game is unplayable? Just wondering?
jtammisa

Post by jtammisa »

The original series, Close Combat: A Bridge Too Far. Done by Atomic games in 97. I played this lot more than the others. The remake looks good and all but losing results of the battle due ctd kind of ruins it.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

jtammisa,

Please make sure you have the latest updates installed (your game main screen should say version 5.60.53. This sounds like an issue that was fixed in an update.

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/386/downloads/

Let me know if you still see it after updating, or if you're already up to date, and we'll troubleshoot further.

Steve
jtammisa

Post by jtammisa »

Hi Steve, I used the launcher update and on the main screen it says 5.60.53
Stwa

Post by Stwa »

The original series, Close Combat: A Bridge Too Far. Done by Atomic games in 97. I played this lot more than the others. The remake looks good and all but losing results of the battle due ctd kind of ruins it.

OIC. CTDs are not fun. But keep playing the 97 game.

Attachments
Son.jpg
Son.jpg (531.19 KiB) Viewed 276 times
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Hi Steve, I used the launcher update and on the main screen it says 5.60.53

I am assuming you mean that you either had 5.60.53 before, or that you recently updated to it, and in either case it's still crashing?

If you started this grand campaign in a build earlier than 5.60.53, please try starting a new GC and see if you continue to get the error.

If you're getting the error with a brand new campaign and you're using 5.60.53 then I can take a look at the saved game file and see if I can reproduce / debug the problem. In this case, please ZIP up the file (from the GAMES\SAVE\ folder under your LSA install location) and then PM me here and we can work out how to transfer it.

Thanks,

Steve
jtammisa

Post by jtammisa »

Yes, I updated the game before starting. I tried sending a PM but not sure if that worked.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

jtammisa,

I did receive your PM, thanks.

Steve
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Yes, I updated the game before starting. I tried sending a PM but not sure if that worked.

You are confirming what others have posted/said before about crashes still occurring....
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

To update this issue for the forum - I have jtammisa's saved game file but it doesn't crash for me. We are investigating what is different about our setups.

Steve

Return to “Tech Support”