OOB resources

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Revthought

OOB resources

Post by Revthought »

As someone three weeks into the game, I kind of kick myself for not knowing the OOB well enough for the Pacific War. Are there any good recommend resources for OOB research? Really I just want to know what belonged where under which HQ during the actual war for both sides.
Playing at war is a far better vocation than making people fight in them.
NigelKentarus

RE: OOB resources

Post by NigelKentarus »

Fight like you're the 3rd monkey on the plank to Noah's ark. And brother, it's starting to rain.
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Leandros

Post by Leandros »

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

And here...

http://pwencycl.kgbudge.com/U/s/US_Order_of_Battle.htm

Klink, Oberst

That was a nice overview!

Fred
River Wide, Ocean Deep - a book on Operation Sea Lion - www.fredleander.com
Saving MacArthur - a book series on how The Philippines were saved - in 1942! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D3 ... rw_dp_labf
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
Dili

Post by Dili »

Go to google and wikipedia and search unit names. You can get history of major Japaneses Division and Corps and some Brigades just from wiki.
fulcrum28

Post by fulcrum28 »

I think there are some guides specialized in that OOB. Indeed, it is a well-organised information for the entire war and both sides are covered, the US Marine Corps and the Japanese Army.

OOB guides for US Marine Corps and Japanese Army
The most comprehensive website on the IJN Imperial Japanese Navy Y:"Let us enjoy the beauty of the moon (sinking aboard Hiryu)
Dili

Post by Dili »

This is also an excelent site for Dutch Indies and the Japanese invasion of Sumatra, Balikipapan, Palembeng etc with OOB's

http://www.dutcheastindies.webs.com/index.html
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

Great sites guys. Had some of them, not others. Now I have hours more 'wasted' time pouring through them... Thanks.[:D]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
fulcrum28

Post by fulcrum28 »

Yes :) but I really think that among the ones I indicated the information related to the OOB and defense models described in the "Japanese Pacific Island Defenses 1941-45" seems the most exotic ;)
The most comprehensive website on the IJN Imperial Japanese Navy Y:"Let us enjoy the beauty of the moon (sinking aboard Hiryu)
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

Been modding Darkest Hours (Hearts of Iron Game) so having a little trouble finding resources for 1936 OOB. Noticed the Japan air forces had a lot of planes in 1941, so I figured I could cut them in half or 60% for 1936 scenario.

So far this project is running great, just take time setting things up in the Pacific.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”