Help With a little help from the StuGs

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers.

Moderators: Peter Fisla, Paullus

Gerry4321

Help With a little help from the StuGs

Post by Gerry4321 »

Wondering if anyone got a Major German Victory here? Seems hard.
dox44

RE: Help With a little help from the StuGs

Post by dox44 »

playing it for first time and i'm not going to get a major victory...
Storm72

Post by Storm72 »

Only once - and it was down to the last Close Combat of Turn 7!
I spent half my money on Wargames - Women - Booze and Gambling. The other half I wasted.
idjester

Post by idjester »

You can watch my video replay of the scenario on the matrix youtube channel.

It was a total German Major Victory and it wasn't even close. The Russians only had a few units left and most of them were broken
or running for their lives.

Please check it out the videos if your looking for tips and my thoughts as I play through this scenario.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbhKlTaW6-Y

dox44

Post by dox44 »

i'm gonna do that right now.

thanks!
blackcloud6

Post by blackcloud6 »

I got the Major Victory on the first playing on the Hard setting. I'm a very experienced ASL player and I played it pretty much like I would have if it was ASL and the tactics worked.

You have plenty of time even though 7 turns may not seem like it. The key is knowing when to move and when to assault move. You need to get the germans in postion to take each obj one at a tiome or maybe two then one. You have to get your supporting fire in position and then make the attack.
dox44

Post by dox44 »

strangness in this scenario. played on 'very hard' setting.

i took 9,22 for draw in assault after pin/break from stugs

took to long to get in position from bottom of map.

broke units at around 9,28. eliminated 1. then eliminated 2 at 9,22 in assault.

only 3 casualties all scenario...all russian. never played a scenario where i
didn't have a casualty.

Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

Thanks.

I was cautious with my StuGs in the city setting but I think I can be more adventurous as the Soviets did not have good AT weapons in 1942 (only ATR? but there are none in this scenario).
idjester

Post by idjester »

ORIGINAL: blackcloud6

I got the Major Victory on the first playing on the Hard setting. I'm a very experienced ASL player and I played it pretty much like I would have if it was ASL and the tactics worked.

You have plenty of time even though 7 turns may not seem like it. The key is knowing when to move and when to assault move. You need to get the germans in postion to take each obj one at a tiome or maybe two then one. You have to get your supporting fire in position and then make the attack.

+1 to this. I flanked from the south and then pushed up to the north once my units got into position to support. ASL style tactics will come with pratice so don't expect to understand them until you get a few games under your belt. And watch some of the videos out there to help understand what to do and when to do it.
blackcloud6

Post by blackcloud6 »

ORIGINAL: Gerry

Thanks.

I was cautious with my StuGs in the city setting but I think I can be more adventurous as the Soviets did not have good AT weapons in 1942 (only ATR? but there are none in this scenario).

yes, you have to be aggressive with the Stugs.

I think in another urban scenario we are all going to get a nasty surprise.
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

Yes, you are right. PSKs etc. would make these aggressive tank pushes a lot harder.

I also forgot that TotH like ASL give you help by telling you what equipment the enemy has.

Thanks for the advice. I played a fair bit of ASL including Red Barricades where they had the street-fighting option etc. Doubt if Peter has included this yet. I will have more questions!
jeffdeham1

Post by jeffdeham1 »

I just got a major victory. Like they said be aggressive with the stugs. I also made sure I minimized their use of the heavy and medium machine guns as they are pretty nasty. Had multiple attacks when possible on their individual stacks without them doing the same to me. Methodically took one objective at a time. Of course until I learned this the hard way they did a pretty good job of whacking me. [:)]
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

Got a major victory by using the StuGs more aggressively. This thing is so addictive!!!!!!!!!!!
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

[:)] Yes it is isn't it. By the way, Infantry may advance into CC with and AFV if they pass an advance check first.
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus

Return to “Tigers on the Hunt”