Pop-Up At Startup

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers.

Moderators: Peter Fisla, Paullus

surfcandy

Pop-Up At Startup

Post by surfcandy »

Anyone else get a pop-up at startup (after Matrix screen)about security warning. It seems I got this after the first patch.

http://www.door2windows.com/disable-open-file-security-warning-message/

Paullus

RE: Pop-Up At Startup

Post by Paullus »

Is it windows or your security program? If you installed the game in the default folder consider reinstalling the game in another folder like c:\Matrix Games\Tigers to the Hunt
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
surfcandy

Post by surfcandy »

Windows 10

I installed it on my larger other drive(G: for example) where I keep all my games.

G:\Matrix Games\Tigers to the Hunt
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

Okay then it is Windows 10 Smart Screen. I don't know how to fix this. I myself have Windows 10 and only got the question the first time I started the patched version. Try searching the webb for solutuions on Windows 10 Smart Screen. Future patches will have to come through Matrix to skip this problem.
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
kylania

Post by kylania »

Its because the patch was a zip file you downloaded from the internet instead of properly applied via the patch tool. Windows 10 recognizes that you got an executable file from anywhere and is protecting you from running it.

There should be a 'More info' button after getting the warning and a link on that second page for 'Open anyway' or 'Don't ask me about this file again' option.
surfcandy

Post by surfcandy »

ORIGINAL: kylania

Its because the patch was a zip file you downloaded from the internet instead of properly applied via the patch tool. Windows 10 recognizes that you got an executable file from anywhere and is protecting you from running it.

There should be a 'More info' button after getting the warning and a link on that second page for 'Open anyway' or 'Don't ask me about this file again' option.

Properly apply patch tool? What patch tool? I opened the patch and copy and patched and overwrite when asked.There was no patch tool.
kylania

Post by kylania »

The autorun.exe Matrix Games launcher has a Check for Update feature. You click a button and get the newest version.

That feature wasn't used for this first patch. Instead it was sent out as some exe files you're meant to manually copy to your install folder. That's why people are having problems since Windows assumes no one deploys software via stand alone exe files anymore except for malware and viruses. Everyone else uses a patcher or installer.
chrisleko

Post by chrisleko »

You can just click the "don't tell me about this anymore" checkbox.

Return to “Tigers on the Hunt”