OT: How to land without a front wheel

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Chris21wen

OT: How to land without a front wheel

Post by Chris21wen »

That's what I call a controlled landing.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-35667406
rustysi

RE: OT: How to land without a front wheel

Post by rustysi »

You know what they say, "any landing you can walk away from..." If you can use the equipment again, its a bonus.[:D]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
pmelheck1

RE: OT: How to land without a front wheel

Post by pmelheck1 »

When I was in the Philippines we lost a bird when the front wheel was lowered and the wheel and strut fell out. The pilot couldn't rise the upper half of the gear as the weight on wheels sensor was on. The pilot had to bail out and we lost the aircraft. Seeing how the half strut was under the pilots rear end I don't think I would like to try my luck to see if the remains of the strut would sheer off or go straight up either. Speaking of destroyed or damaged aircraft I have to admit my favorite B-17 name had to be the one named "Hang the Expense again 3" http://www.daveswarbirds.com/b-17/tail.htm After that tail damage I would expect a number 4 somewhere.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”