Sad news

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

rhondabrwn

Sad news

Post by rhondabrwn »

Dear Friends,
It is with great sadness that I share that I have been diagnosed with metastatic kidney cancer, which has spread through my body, including my brain. My daughter is with me here as I undergo some treatments that will help ensure that I can maintain the best quality of life, for as long as possible given my condition. We are not sure how long I have, but I am hoping to spend time with my grandkids, write my autobiography, and simply enjoy life.

I am going to withdraw from political issues and will likely reduce my overall presence on Matrix but will continue to correspond as I can and look forward to hearing about your lives and sharing your stories. I am struggling with speech and writing due to my condition, so please excuse typos in future posts.

Love & Peace
Far Dareis Mai

Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
Zap

RE: Sad news

Post by Zap »

Oh my Rhondabrwn, that so sad to hear. Please still keep in contact with us as you can. Stay strong thoughts and prayers go your way
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

Wow, so sorry to hear that Rhonda and please know that the prayers and hope of the matrix community is with you. I have seen so many names disappear since I first joined this site and I realized I read so many that made me think and react to stuff to only one day disappear. Your post always made me think and I for that I thank you and want you to know I am sending all the good karma your way that I have. Your bravery and courage is admired and don't give up!
*Formerly known as Marcus the Leper, time has taken a toll and now I am simply a skeleton...*
Talon_XBMCX

Post by Talon_XBMCX »

So sorry to hear that Rhondabrwn. As Zap already said ... our thoughts and prayers are with you, your family, and your care givers.
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

Rhonda,

I think everyone enjoys your posts, and I know I always do. I was always impressed by the bravery you demonstrate with your way of life.

I am so glad you can enjoy your daughter and grandkids. I will be thinking of you, and always inspired by you.

Chuck
OttoVonBlotto

Post by OttoVonBlotto »

My best wishes for the times ahead, fight hard, endure what you must and enjoy what you can.
"Personal isn't the same as important"
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

That is sad new indeed Rhonda. I hope you are able to spend some quality time with your daughter and grandchildren. And I hope you do find time to stop in here on occasion. I've enjoyed reading your posts over the years.

Rick
AndyG1

Post by AndyG1 »

Thoughts, prayers and best wishes to you. Always enjoyed your posts here at Matrix. Keep fighting.
wworld7

Post by wworld7 »

Prayers are on the way
Flipper
rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

Terminal but fighting!Hoping for extra days.Daughter using biology degree to research to all available options and research.She is smart and determine to get extra days.

Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

sorry for the bad news rhondabrwn, hope you spend what you have left with family and enjoy the moments and pleasure they give, life is cruel and short, gives us all time to reflect and come to terms with out own mortality, keep strong and in the fight, do what's needed to get as much extra time as you can
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Rhonda that is just rubbish [:(] I am so very sorry to hear this. I really don't know what to say....
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
wodin

Post by wodin »

Oh I'm so so sorry. I hope you know your well loved here and I'm sure everyone will be thinking of you and those who do praying for you aswell.
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

Rhonda thank you so much for your presence, wit and wisdom on the forum. You made it a better and kinder place for all of us. Our hearts go out to you and we wish you and family quality time together as you share the love. Stay as positive as you can. We can all hope for a miracle cure, but if it is not to be take comfort in knowing you lead a caring and quality life.
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

All the best Rhonda. Thank you for sharing this with us.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Franciscus

Post by Franciscus »

Hi Rhonda

I am not a frequent poster, and I think I never answered directly to one of your posts. Nevertheless, I frequently read you, and always felt a great respect and admiration for you, even though I cannot pretend to really knowing you: a woman wargamer ! Living alone in the outback !!.

I am sad to hear your news. We all share a few moments in a common house, and we all share the same inevitable fate. What else do we need to be all brothers and sisters ?

Now you are face to face with our common fate. My thoughts are with you.

Don't be afraid of "boogie street" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rswKZ0PNY_0&list=PLwjD81rPeQqVgHthPpdOjWy0IcUdeTBc- (hope you like master Leonard)

Peace!
Former AJE team member
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

I'm speechless. Keep fighting and stay positive. My thoughts are with you.
berto

Post by berto »

So sorry to hear this, Rhonda. [:(] We pray for you and your family.
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
Hotschi

Post by Hotschi »

Sorry to learn this sad news. What could I write to ease the pain? Perhaps not much.

Enjoy your life as much as you possibly can; spend as much time as possible with your family, daughter and grandkids. After all, that's all what matters - the family, the loved ones.
"A big butcher's bill is not necessarily evidence of good tactics"

- Wavell's reply to Churchill, after the latter complained about faint-heartedness, as he discovered that British casualties in the evacuation from Somaliland had been only 260 men.
Ostwindflak

Post by Ostwindflak »

Good luck Rhonda, we'll be here pulling for you.

Return to “General Discussion”