Returning older gamer

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers.

Moderators: Peter Fisla, Paullus

MikeT6563

Returning older gamer

Post by MikeT6563 »

Well I have finally taken the plunge. I stopped gaming some 15+ years ago for various reasons, recently I purchased a new Alienware laptop and have been following this project with interest. I just got it downloaded and will install it over the weekend.

I am expecting to have much confusion since so much has changed in games from my old days of DOS and early windows programs, yep it has been that long.

So in advance please forgive any seriously stupid questions and I do hope some kind soul creates some of the old SL and ASL board game scenarios, I cannot remember how many times I have fought out the first Stalingrad battle.

Mike
Storm72

RE: Returning older gamer

Post by Storm72 »

Welcome Back Mike!

You should definitely check out IDJester's play by play videos.
Matrix Page - Tigers on the Hunt Videos

IDJester Youtube Page

After Watching these - You will be able to jump right in and start playing instantly.
You will also learn a few good tricks - and a few Not so good tricks!
[:)]
I spent half my money on Wargames - Women - Booze and Gambling. The other half I wasted.
MikeMarchant_ssl

Post by MikeMarchant_ssl »

I'm an old gamer too, Mike, and I'm also a Mike! But, I've been gaming consistently throughout, starting with board wargames back in the early to mid seventies and then moving on to the very early computer games back in the late seventies. Like you, I have played those early SL scenarios so many times (introducing new players to the game, or just trying to reacquaint myself with it) and it would be great if someone could recreate them in Tigers. If I had more time I might go up in the loft, get my old SL stuff down and give it a go myself, but sadly...

Best Wishes

Mike
kylania

Post by kylania »

Welcome back! There's no such thing as a stupid question. :)
idjester

Post by idjester »

ORIGINAL: Storm72

After Watching these - You will be able to jump right in and start playing instantly.

WAIT, what... a few not so good tricks. Hum. I think your forgetting I am 4-0 vs. the AI so far in my playthroughs.
They can't be that bad... :)

idjester
Storm72

Post by Storm72 »

ORIGINAL: idjester

ORIGINAL: Storm72

WAIT, what... a few not so good tricks. Hum. I think your forgetting I am 4-0 vs. the AI so far in my playthroughs.
They can't be that bad... :)

idjester

Funny how the recordings that actually get posted are wins....
Especially after hearing how the 4 halftracks decimated his bazooka teams merely 1 game before the video cameras turned on to test the Terrain MOD...
Hmmmmm....

[:D]

In all seriousness your videos were excellent and most appreciated!
98% Good Tips!
I spent half my money on Wargames - Women - Booze and Gambling. The other half I wasted.
idjester

Post by idjester »

Sssshhhhh... that was a secrete. It was a fluke that the Germans totaly took out like 3 units and a leader in one barrage.

I was going to mention that but.. er.. I'm... I forgot about that one.
Storm72

Post by Storm72 »

ORIGINAL: idjester

Sssshhhhh... that was a secrete. It was a fluke that the Germans totaly took out like 3 units and a leader in one barrage.

I was going to mention that but.. er.. I'm... I forgot about that one.

LOL!

Must be a "Bug" that we need to tell Peter about!

Return to “Tigers on the Hunt”