Must Have Mods

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Revthought

Must Have Mods

Post by Revthought »

The mod organization here is kind of a mess and I'm wondering if there is a list of must have mods for relative beginners. Really I'm most interested in art mods, but I'd also be happy to know if there were any gameplay mods that don't break the AI people think are worth downloading.
Playing at war is a far better vocation than making people fight in them.
Anachro

RE: Must Have Mods

Post by Anachro »

The maps by chemkid are a must in my opinion.
"Now excuse me while I go polish my balls ..." - BBfanboy
el cid again

Post by el cid again »

I don't think AI works except for testing purposes. You can't "break" what didn't work in the first place! AI is misnamed and isn't artificial intelligence. It is scripting - something impossible to do for a game on this scale with the many possibilities over time.

There are several different map systems. Broadly they fall into two categories, stock map type and extended map type. I have some panels with incorrect historical names removed if you are interested in them.

There are different kinds of art. What kind are you interested in? Many stock art items are available in much improved forms.
Revthought

Post by Revthought »

ORIGINAL: el cid again

I don't think AI works except for testing purposes. You can't "break" what didn't work in the first place! AI is misnamed and isn't artificial intelligence. It is scripting - something impossible to do for a game on this scale with the many possibilities over time.

There are several different map systems. Broadly they fall into two categories, stock map type and extended map type. I have some panels with incorrect historical names removed if you are interested in them.

There are different kinds of art. What kind are you interested in? Many stock art items are available in much improved forms.

Every AI in the world is "scripted." It's the nature of if then statements! Unless of course what you are trying to say is that the AI in WiTPE is unadaptively scripted, which would be sad.

In any case, I'm not an AI only person generally, and I imagine I will eventually PBE. It's just that, I don't believe in being fodder for veteran players, and I'd like to make a go at the AI while learning the game. So in essence, I AM using it for testing purposes!

My request is only to say that I'm all about variant scenarios, but if I can't use them in conjunction with playing against the AI they are not very useful to me at the moment!

Edit

I'm lying, I am prepared to be fodder for veteran players in as much as no matter how experienced I get with the AI, the first multiplayer game is usually always a disaster. I just don't want to be so terrible that the game isn't worth my opponents time!

Playing at war is a far better vocation than making people fight in them.
Halsey

Post by Halsey »

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”