Well, that didn't take long

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers.

Moderators: Peter Fisla, Paullus

Richrd

Well, that didn't take long

Post by Richrd »

Counterattack at Carentan. Fired twice with the marder. Thought it had an MG. Selected it, maybe a target. The little screen with MA, bow, coax, etc came up and everything locked up.
Richrd
Peter Fisla

RE: Well, that didn't take long

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: Richrd

Counterattack at Carentan. Fired twice with the marder. Thought it had an MG. Selected it, maybe a target. The little screen with MA, bow, coax, etc came up and everything locked up.

Sometimes the AI takes a bit more time to process the information the map. It also depends on the computer you have...
jack54

Post by jack54 »

Richrd I think the escape key closes that screen...
Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)
Richrd

Post by Richrd »

I have windows 10. From XP it's been a pretty tough adjustment. I can't figure out how to install the patch. I think I "signed out." and lost the game. I could scroll the map but no other button responded. If there's a way to screw up, I'll find it.
Richrd
Richrd

Post by Richrd »

The escape key does work. Thank you.
Richrd
idjester

Post by idjester »

The little screen that pops up.. I am assuminig that was the MA Bow Coax AARP screen. Were any of those buttons available to push or click on OR were they all greyed out?

When the previous person was talking about was when that screen pops up you can hit esc to get the little window to close.

When you say the game locked up could you..

a) move your mouse?

b) alt-tab to a different screen

c) control alt deleate

or was everything just frozen in place and you could do nothing?

I know its frustrating but if you could provide more information maybe we can give you some more ideas on what to do to get it to work

idjester
barkhorn45

Post by barkhorn45 »

None of the marder series had bow mg's by the way.
Hotschi

Post by Hotschi »

Had the same issue, but this time the American AT-gun, 2nd Training Scenario, during the Defensive Fire Segment; Chose the AT-gun to fire, the "little screen that pops up" appeared with everything greyed out - and all froze. All I could do was moving the mouse around, but even the menu was greyed-out. "Esc"-key no help. All I could do was Ctrl/Alt/Del and shutting down the game.

Can't be a computer issue, a i7-4700Q, 16Gb RAM should be more than enough.
"A big butcher's bill is not necessarily evidence of good tactics"

- Wavell's reply to Churchill, after the latter complained about faint-heartedness, as he discovered that British casualties in the evacuation from Somaliland had been only 260 men.
jeffdeham1

Post by jeffdeham1 »

I also had the same thing happen with a stug. I clicked on it after it had used up all of it's ability to fire in scenario 0001. I also got the famous"little screen that pops up" appeared with everything greyed out - and all froze. Other than that the game has been pretty stable. Been playing the heck out of it!

Jeffdeham
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

Wondering does this relate to the thread I started now? If the AT Gun is out of high explosives maybe it cannot fire at infantry?

ORIGINAL: Hotschi

Had the same issue, but this time the American AT-gun, 2nd Training Scenario, during the Defensive Fire Segment; Chose the AT-gun to fire, the "little screen that pops up" appeared with everything greyed out - and all froze. All I could do was moving the mouse around, but even the menu was greyed-out. "Esc"-key no help. All I could do was Ctrl/Alt/Del and shutting down the game.

Can't be a computer issue, a i7-4700Q, 16Gb RAM should be more than enough.
Hotschi

Post by Hotschi »

Not my intention to hi-jack your thread with my own issues - and yes I think it is related to your problem - I forgot to add that this was my very first action with the AT-gun, it couldn't possibly have been out of any ammo.
"A big butcher's bill is not necessarily evidence of good tactics"

- Wavell's reply to Churchill, after the latter complained about faint-heartedness, as he discovered that British casualties in the evacuation from Somaliland had been only 260 men.
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

Not so sure now as next time I fired the AT gun it did allow me to choose the Infantry target type even though it was out of HE. So not sure what is up.
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

The Esc key should close the pop-up window. If this doesn't happen please make a posting of it.
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
Richrd

Post by Richrd »

I think whenever you right click on a target without having first selected a firer it happens, or if you right click on a target with a firer with no weapons. The escape key clears it up.
Richrd

Return to “Tigers on the Hunt”