Zoom levels

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers.

Moderators: Paullus, Peter Fisla

toddtreadway

Zoom levels

Post by toddtreadway »

Is there any way to zoom in or out? I seem to only be able to use one level.
Peter Fisla

RE: Zoom levels

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: toddtreadway

There is only one zoom level, you can use the jump map to jump to a different area of the map or scroll the map
Thomasew

Post by Thomasew »

Hi Peter,

Speaking of the jump map, .. should it be persistent?

As soon as I click on it, .. the map will scroll, .. but the jump map disappears .. [&:]

Cheers
Tom
He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: Thomasew

Hi Peter,

Speaking of the jump map, .. should it be persistent?

As soon as I click on it, .. the map will scroll, .. but the jump map disappears .. [&:]

Cheers
Tom

It was programmed that way, so the jump map is not in our way anymore once you use it.
bo

Post by bo »

Hi toddtreadway, I have not seen the game yet so I cannot comment on how different zoom levels look, but just a suggestion, when I looked at the tutorials I used my windows seven magnifier, and it worked fine at different levels.

Bo

toddtreadway

Post by toddtreadway »

The Windows magnifier is fine if you are playing in Windowed mode, but I can't play in Windowed mode because Windows 10 won't let me modify the config.ini file.

Regardless, in-game zoom levels really are an option that should be explored. I'm surprised it wasn't implemented on release. Honestly, almost all wargames have multiple zoom levels.

FYI, I am having a lot of fun with the game so far. It is so nice to be able to play ASL again (or at least the closest) thing I've seen to it in a computer game!)
bo

Post by bo »

The Windows magnifier is fine if you are playing in Windowed mode, but I can't play in Windowed mode because Windows 10 won't let me modify the config.ini file.

Regardless, in-game zoom levels really are an option that should be explored. I'm surprised it wasn't implemented on release. Honestly, almost all wargames have multiple zoom levels.

FYI, I am having a lot of fun with the game so far. It is so nice to be able to play ASL again (or at least the closest) thing I've seen to it in a computer game!)

I agree about more zoom levels of you think it would befit the eyesight [;)]
Do not know about windows 10, it was just a suggestion.

Bo
Lonewolf44

Post by Lonewolf44 »

Absolutely agree - the Zoom Levels really should have been there initially. I know the game was getting torched by some YouTubers for its "DOS-like graphics" (as I think one of them said).

That didn't bother me at all; as a tactical boardgame wargamer, I bought if for the play, not the counter art.

But not including things that even the first initial - relatively successful - attempts at porting board wargames to desktop/laptop had (Tiller's games, for instance) - like zoom levels, options for NATO symbols on the counters, options for seeing a bit more number-crunching details under the hood (a huge reason that keeps ASLers and their ilk from playing PC games) - was troubling to me.

I bought the game in spite of those - hoping later patches may bring some of those along - and so, far am glad I did. But something like Zoom levels beyond just the Jump Map seems like a "Need To Have" rather than a "Nice To Have" for game like this to me.

Still putting it through its paces though - we'll see if this is less an issue as time goes on. Or, gets trumped by bigger ones.
If the end doesn't justify the means, what does?
chrisleko

Post by chrisleko »

Install the game in c:\matrixgames or some such (e.g., not in program files) and you'll be able to edit the ini file. I tried it earlier and it worked fine.
surfcandy

Post by surfcandy »

Windows 10 magnifier works great in full screen.

Return to “Tigers on the Hunt”