final patch for MCLV"S

Discuss likes and dislikes, get help and talk about MC tactics, AAR's, etc

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

Brent, thank you very much for posting this information. I hope things turn around and all goes well for you in the future.
Supervisor

Post by Supervisor »

Good luck in turning things around Brent I wish you and your family all the best. Thank you for the update, I thought for sure the final patch was going to be a dead issue and couldn't bear to break the news to those patiently waiting gamers.
rbrunsman

Post by rbrunsman »

Brent, I thank you for all your work. Next to SPWAW (a free game), MCLV has given me more hours of enjoyment per $ spent than any other computer game I've purchased. I think CivII is a distant second.

Thanks again. We all appreciate your dedication. (And this from someone who suffers random crashes.:mad: )
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom
AbsntMndedProf

Post by AbsntMndedProf »

Brent, I hope that things turn around for you soon. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your's!

IMHO, Matrix is to PC wargames what Avalon Hill used to be for strategy board games. :D

Eric Maietta
ndkid

Update?

Post by ndkid »

So, I haven't seen any sort of official information on the final LV patch since October. Then, Grenadier said 2 months. We're about 3 months beyond that... is there any new information? Has any other quasi-solid date for finishing the patch been done? Or is LV 1.3 really dead this time?
Or did I just not see official information? In that case, can someone point me in the right direction?
Sgt Popov

What DID happen to da patch?

Post by Sgt Popov »

Ok , have finally been able to get the game to work without crashing. I would still like to hear whatever happened to the supposed last patch that has never been released. Matrix guys, is there going to be another patch???:confused: I am really enjoying the MC-LV now that it dosent crash repeatdly!:cool:
Attachments
kickmejpg.jpg
kickmejpg.jpg (24.26 KiB) Viewed 48 times
- Sergeant, what should I do if my parachute won't open?
- Bring it back and I'll replace it.
Grenadier

Post by Grenadier »

I appreciate your interest in what is being called "The final patch", but I have to correct any implication that Lost Victories is unplayable becuse the final patch is not finished.

AS I have stated in another thread, Lost Victories is playable to the end and many have done so. As with any project, there are always little improvements that can be made and I have every intention 0f making those improvements to finish a, to use a Hollywod term, directors cut of the mega campaign.

I wrote in another thread that

Several of the results files were accidently omitted and then deleted once the project was completed. AS the author of many of these has been unresponsive for some time I have been left with the task of redoing them. These results files DO NOT affect gameplay. They are for the storyline. The storyline also was suffering form a problem many have pointed out, that the characters at the point of the end battles no longer matched the characters in the core force due to losses, etc.

There are several battles in the Crimea that I was not pleased with the outcomes of and the scenarios were changed similarly to the way the opening battles were changed. Both Marauder, Mosh and I were doing these but Mosh has disappearred for some time and it now s apparent that Bryan and I will have to copmplete the changes he was doing. I was allso adding a few final documents such as a complete list of sources for the historical part of LV and a complete list of the scenarios and their authors andf d testers to complete the credits.

None of these issues affect gameplay. The campaign plays through to the end and all of the battle descriptions, sound files, photos and documents appear as programmed to do. Only the last few battles at the Donetz River and the Crimea are missing result texts.

I will again restate that these missing text files DO NOT AFFECT GAMEPLAY, only the storyline.

I made an unfortunate choice in using the word patch to describe my desires to rework parts of Lost Victories and finish the storyline. Patch denotes that something needs fixing. Lost Victories does not need fixing, it is playing as designed. Some may dispute that the missing text files mean the MC is broken and I disagree. The end of the battles gives a result of a decisive, marginal victory or defeat or a draw and theb goes to the next battle.

I have been working on the result files and about 50% done with them. I have to admit that the work has been very slow because of my mother in and out of the hospital, a project with my day job that is consuming much of my sppare time but now with the war on orders from Rocketdyne, Teledyne and and Northrop and Boeing are starting to come in and a lot of this is for aluminum and titanium castings and forgings to replace hardware being consumed at a much higher rate than anticipated, according to the admiral in charge of the Seal Beach naval weapons Station. I am also under deadlines for Combat leader and doing work on Squad Assault.

I have to admit the writing of the results files for the last few battles are very depressing, especially the defeats. Writing of whole squads disappearring in the winter wastes and of men freezing in threadbare uniforms is not pleasant. The subject matter alone has slowed me down quite a bit. I have been balancing it by switching back and forth between the Cross of Iron scenario text files and articles to keep from stopping altogether. Than you for your patience in all of this.
Brent Grenadier Richards

[url=http://
AbsntMndedProf

Post by AbsntMndedProf »

Thanks for the update, Brent. Prayers and best wishes continue to go out for your Mother!

Eric Maietta
Sgt Popov

Thanks!

Post by Sgt Popov »

Thanks, Brent for your reply.Up until this last attempt (20-25 times into the 6th -8th battles on MC LV), my game had crashed to da desktop. I honestly do not know what I did to fix it, as I have made a myriad of changes in my pc. I have as always tremendously enjoyed SPWaW, but now that I have gotten past the weird CTD point in the MC, I am quite happy, and having much fun. I own darn near every war game worth anything out there, and no matter what, I still come back and play SPWaW, and now MC/LV!:cool: I am quite happy with the current way the LV is playing, and I really do not see the need for another patch.
Attachments
french_knife_1.gif
french_knife_1.gif (98.09 KiB) Viewed 50 times
- Sergeant, what should I do if my parachute won't open?
- Bring it back and I'll replace it.

Return to “Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW”