Technical Question

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

AceDuceTrey

Technical Question

Post by AceDuceTrey »

I have been researching ballistic and performance data on the PC units. In order to add mods I need to know how how combat is resolved.
combat is resolved. Do you use attack to defense RATIOS (A:D) or Differentials (A-D)? Also, is it the same for air,
naval, and land combat? If you use differentials, does the size of one or both values influence the outcome?
For example, does 4-2=2 result in the same kill probabilities as 8-6=2? Also I noticed some not so random outcomes
in the die roll results; are they being biased intentionally?
Rudankort

RE: Technical Question

Post by Rudankort »

Full combat algorithm is not documented anywhere, it would be a daunting task to convert the code to human-readable text. The best thing readily available is in-game combat log, invoked by Ctrl+click for prediction or by L hotkey for the last combat played.

To answer your questions, we use the difference between attack and defense. It is the same for all types of combat - land, air and naval. Values themselves do not affect combat odds, so 4-2 and 8-6 result in the same odds.

The game of course uses pseudo random numbers, and occasionally random sequence generated this way may look odd, but in the long run this all averages out. As an experiment, in the past I've tried putting real random numbers obtained from random.org into the game, and did not notice any significant difference in how the game plays. The values are not biased intentionally, whatever die rolls you see in combat log are directly from random generator, the only operation is to force generated value into the required range.
AceDuceTrey

RE: Technical Question

Post by AceDuceTrey »

Thanks for the clarification. I have enjoyed many hours playing this game![:)][&o]

Return to “Tech Support”