airfield construction

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Hyroda

airfield construction

Post by Hyroda »

good evening,..im trying to figure out how or what do in Need to start to constuct an neccecary airfield,...i got engeneers and supplys and fuel
enough on that hexside in wich i want to build a new airfield.
but the personal is not expanding it,...
so what else do i need or have i to do to start expanding my airfiled,...

regards
GetAssista

RE: airfield construction

Post by GetAssista »

1. Click on troops icon in this base. What is the X in "Engineers: X" part of the 4th line from the bottom? What is the Y in "Engineer Vehicles: Y" part of the 3rd line from the bottom? Either X or Y should be greater than zero.
2. Make sure that airfield on that base can be expanded further.
3. If 1 and 2 are passed, and there are supplies, and engineers are in combat modem, building is in process

BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Don't forget to go to the base screen and set the airfield construction ON.

Also look at the SPS (Standard Potential Size) rating for the base for airfield construction. If it says AF(0), that means the area is not really suitable for building an airfield and although you can build one to level 3, it will take a looooooong time to build each level. I have had 28 engineers working on Dutch Harbour's airfield (SPS 0) for over a year and it is only at 43% of level 1.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Hyroda

Post by Hyroda »

ok i'll follow instructions to get things done,...havent played this game for long time.... i also wasnt
sure about that a construction cost so much time to finish,... in Need it done pretty fast,...it
is because of an strategic Position i Need to use,... longer than a year,...would be difficult,...
regards,...
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Hyroda

ok i'll follow instructions to get things done,...havent played this game for long time.... i also wasnt
sure about that a construction cost so much time to finish,... in Need it done pretty fast,...it
is because of an strategic Position i Need to use,... longer than a year,...would be difficult,...
regards,...

I don't want to scare you off if the SPS for the base AF is anything other than (0). Even a (1) allows for much faster construction.

The calculations for speed of construction also seem to take into account the type of terrain, so if you don't have mountains or jungle/rough or wooded/rough the construction should go faster than my Dutch Harbour example. Press "1" to see the type or terrain in every hex on the map.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
obvert

Post by obvert »

regards,...

Provide more info and you might get even better responses, although BB Fanboy's warning about building a level (0) base is very valid advice. If you're Jaan just don't go there. Not worth it. Huge amounts of supply needed.

The Allies have unlimited supply, basically, and oodles of engineers, so it can pay off much more quickly and painlessly.

Which base are you working on? What year is the game? Why is it a strategic "necessity?"
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
Hyroda

Post by Hyroda »

ShortIsland im playing the Gudalcanal Szenariou against the AI as the Japanese,... i think
it is neccacery because the invade on the three Major Points at gudalcanal i think it is an good
idea to build there supply Point not far away from occopyed and hard defended Island Groups.
also im thinkong f to defend it as good as possible through the next month until
A) start an offensive against some Islands near gudalcanal,..
B) carry over to the west to milen bay and start to concentrate and Focus on that....

i like thouse "short" szenarious you have an good overview of the field and it cost not much time
to end it,... will have some other short szenarius open and maybe trying to get into Pbem
if i'll find an balanced not more then 1/2 year one and a Player wich also is intersted in getting
one started....

nevermind thanks for the Information about the airfield,...
regards

Odin

Post by Odin »

Be careful.

The Guadalcanal Scenario is somewhat different than the same area in the big Scenarios.

You will see that most of the bases are (0) so you have to invest a huge amount of supplies you don´t really have.

obvert

Post by obvert »

ShortIsland im playing the Gudalcanal Szenariou against the AI as the Japanese,... i think
it is neccacery because the invade on the three Major Points at gudalcanal i think it is an good
idea to build there supply Point not far away from occopyed and hard defended Island Groups.
also im thinkong f to defend it as good as possible through the next month until
A) start an offensive against some Islands near gudalcanal,..
B) carry over to the west to milen bay and start to concentrate and Focus on that....

i like thouse "short" szenarious you have an good overview of the field and it cost not much time
to end it,... will have some other short szenarius open and maybe trying to get into Pbem
if i'll find an balanced not more then 1/2 year one and a Player wich also is intersted in getting
one started....

nevermind thanks for the Information about the airfield,...
regards

I just played this and build Ndeni into a level 2 base. By the time it was built I didn't have as much need for it. It was useful as a level 1 base for LR CAP and other uses since I didn't have any other airbases North of Luganville. This helped support the reinforcement of Tulagi and Lunga
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
kbfchicago

Post by kbfchicago »

just putting the obvious out there as I did not see it above...in case someone new searches into this thread in the future....but you can only build a base up at a dot or city hex.

Cpt Obvious
MacBook Pro / WITP-AE running in Parallels v15.x

Return to “The War Room”