Emergency Resupply

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

HobbesACW

Emergency Resupply

Post by HobbesACW »

Hi folks, playing a scenario last night with 'Emergency Resupply is Automatic' ticked.
Sometimes a unit gets emergency resupply and yet at other times the unit mode changes to 'R'
and it enters the regular resupply mode (which takes 30 minutes or so and the unit appears to lose
dug-in status which can be annoying). I'm just wondering what mechanism is used to decide if a unit
should get emergency resupply or enter into the regular full resupply mode?

Thanks,
Chris
CapnDarwin

RE: Emergency Resupply

Post by CapnDarwin »

Emergency resupply kicks in a small percentage of new ammo once the units ammo goes below 20-30%. Once you get below 10% the unit will try to go into R&R to reload fully. Depending on the level of action a unit is seeing, some units may burn ammo and go to R&R and some who are taking less shots may be able to hang on with the emergency resupply for a long time.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
battlerbritain

Post by battlerbritain »

I'd actually like to see a 'Supply Truck' or 'Supply Point' in the game and have the units that need to re-supply have to drop back and move to the supply point.

A bit like what happens with the helos re-supplying but do it for all units.

I think this would really focus the players mind keeping the troops supplied and keeping the supplies intact.

You don't beat an opponent - you out supply them. A tank with no ammo is just a dumb target.

Remember, it's the ammunition that does the work.

A tank is just a supply of ammo in an armoured cage that just happens to have the launcher attached.
Somerset, Uk
IronMikeGolf

Post by IronMikeGolf »

I am not sure about how it's done for ground combat units in other armies, but in the US Army in this time period "dropping back" for resupply would typically be on the order of 200-300 meters or do it enroute while moving to a new position. Terrain and situation would dictate. Battalions push forward LOGPACs (Logistic packages) to companies. The LOGPAC, usually led by the company First Sergeant, would go forward to platoons. Platoons did not cycle back to the company HQs to rearm, refuels, get food, water, batteries, nitrogen bottles, etc. It got delivered to the platoons.

Jeff
Sua Sponte
battlerbritain

Post by battlerbritain »

OK, that's interesting.

I'd read that the Israelis on the Golan in 73 dropped back and I seem to recall the Brits doing the same.
It seemed to make sense in that re-arming whilst at the sharp end could be very dangerous. Dropping back in to some sort of cover at least afforded some sort of protection at a vulnerable time.

Maybe I need to do some more research on how things are done.

Many Thanks, B
Somerset, Uk

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”