naval/aviation support bonus type thing..

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

stretch

naval/aviation support bonus type thing..

Post by stretch »

Can't find anything in manual or with search attempts.

At more than one base I have a unit with 10 aviation support and 30 naval support. At the bases where the port is level 2 the base info screen reports 35 aviation support. So there's some kind of additive bonus going on? At the bases where the port is level 1 the base info screen reports the proper 10.

Example below. Can someone set me straight on what the computation is?

Attachments
johnston.jpg
johnston.jpg (201.73 KiB) Viewed 112 times
Oberst_Klink

RE: naval/aviation support bonus type thing..

Post by Oberst_Klink »

What other unit is on Johnston Island? Some Base Force perhaps?

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
stretch

Post by stretch »

Nevermind.. I was checking the turn after the Johnston USN CPNAB unit disbands on 6/30/42. Even though the unit was gone and no longer listed it was apparently still counting for support, the next turn the aviation support had reset to the 10 I would expect.
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

Units do not continue to provide aviation support after they disappear.

Alfred
stretch

Post by stretch »

Ok then, I reloaded the July 1 turn.. this is the only unit present on Christmas Island on July 1, 1942. The Christmas USN CPNAB withdrew last turn, and it had 25 aviation support when it was there on June 30.

For the one turn after it disbanded, its 25 aviation support was still shown as present.

Attachments
christmas.jpg
christmas.jpg (205.76 KiB) Viewed 112 times
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Looks like the withdrawal was effective at the end of the turn on June 30, and you are showing the base screen for the start of the day on July1. The CPNAB unit was at Johnston Island all day on the 30th so the base screen still showed the support there. The screen does not update Jul 1 until the turn starts to run.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

It takes one turn for the base info screen calculations to catch up to what is actually there. This includes the doubling of aviation support on level 8 and 9 airfields. This calculation is updated at the beginning of each combat replay.
stretch

Post by stretch »

Aha thanks, that explains it, I just never noticed that his is how it works before today.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”