Command and Control questions

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers.

Moderators: Peter Fisla, Paullus

Rakkasan101

Command and Control questions

Post by Rakkasan101 »

Have I overlooked the thread that delves into the C2 aspects of this game? It appears that the C2 elements are the most significant departure from the the ASL inspiration.

Is the C2 supposed to add another tactical layer to the game, or is it meant more to be a fresh way to modulate difficulty and balance?

As far as the actual C2 rules go, is it something that the player can affect? (i.e., distance to a leader, quality of troops, etc.) Is it something that you base your strategy around, perhaps cutting off your enemy's access to his leaders, etc...

Or is it just meant to be another layer of "Murphy" throwing a wrench in your plans.
Paullus

RE: Command and Control questions

Post by Paullus »

It's actually an inspiration from ASL as well [:)] The SASL system uses a C&C system that is really good. It adds a flavor of Fog of War and that is what it does in the TotH C&C rules as well.
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
Angiel

Post by Angiel »

It would be interesting to know also if .......
ORIGINAL: Rakkasan101

As far as the actual C2 rules go, is it something that the player can affect? (i.e., distance to a leader, quality of troops, etc.) Is it something that you base your strategy around, perhaps cutting off your enemy's access to his leaders, etc...
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

Leader will have influence. Being close to a leader, in LOS within two hexes of a leader that passes his Command check will automatically give you in command status. Also better quality troops will pass the command check easier.
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

Do some leaders have a larger command radius that others so they affect more of the units in terms of command status.
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

No they don't but their quality will influence their ability to be in command
KEYSTONE0795

Post by KEYSTONE0795 »

Does c&c affect the armor/vehicles in a similar way as infantry? It should.
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: KEYSTONE0795

A vehicle that is buttoned up checks for C&C on its own, independently of infantry. A vehicle that is crew exposed and in range of infantry leader that passed C&C check will automatically pass C&C check, otherwise the vehicle has to check for C&C on its own.
KEYSTONE0795

Post by KEYSTONE0795 »

ORIGINAL: Peter Fisla

A vehicle that is buttoned up checks for C&C on its own, independently of infantry. A vehicle that is crew exposed and in range of infantry leader that passed C&C check will automatically pass C&C check, otherwise the vehicle has to check for C&C on its own.

Disappointing. Vehicles did not wander around the countryside in isolation. They were part of a team. The new MBT/Panzer command control rules described on the GMT site appears to simulate c&c for both infantry and vehicles on the tactical battlefield in a consistent manner.
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

Yes but the vehicle has a better chance to pass the check and as for the team part. This wasn't always true. Miscommunication, battle weariness and lots of other factors influenced how the team worked. There are lots of records showing this in all the countries reports.
KEYSTONE0795

Post by KEYSTONE0795 »

ORIGINAL: Paullus

Yes but the vehicle has a better chance to pass the check and as for the team part. This wasn't always true. Miscommunication, battle weariness and lots of other factors influenced how the team worked. There are lots of records showing this in all the countries reports.

I'm still planning on purchasing the game to support the designer. However, I was hoping with the power to the computer at his disposal, the designer could have developed a more robust C&C system rather than modeling SASL.
I applaud the designer for his work and support it. I enjoyed SASL in years past mainly for the C&C modeling. Like most of us I ALWAYS WANT MORE.[:)]
Big Ivan

Post by Big Ivan »

ORIGINAL: Paullus

I'm still planning on purchasing the game to support the designer. However, I was hoping with the power to the computer at his disposal, the designer could have developed a more robust C&C system rather than modeling SASL.
I applaud the designer for his work and support it. I enjoyed SASL in years past mainly for the C&C modeling. Like most of us I ALWAYS WANT MORE.[:)]

+1

I haven't played ASL in years and when I did never got into the deep detail of C&C. However in just reviewing the videos on the game, I'm impressed and hooked. I'll be buying this game for sure!
Still can't believe there is a computerized version of a tactical war game based in part on ASL. Oh yummy, a dream come true!
Blitz call sign Big Ivan.
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

Thank you for your support guys! ;)
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

ORIGINAL: Big Ivan

I'll be buying this game for sure!
Still can't believe there is a computerized version of a tactical war game based in part on ASL. Oh yummy, a dream come true!

+1

Thank you!!! [&o]
JRR

Return to “Tigers on the Hunt”