Bad Die Rolls

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

tocaff

Bad Die Rolls

Post by tocaff »

I'm in the midst of Operation Gigantic as the Allies in early 5/44. I have taken Rabaul Balikpapan and Samarinda. The Marianas are up and something else which I can't divulge here. I've landed on Guam with minimal casualties, plenty of armor and combat engineers with the infantry. The first assault was a deliberate attack against level 7 forts. Allied AV 2783 Japanese AV 619. Adjusted AVs Allied 3 Japanese 6351. Casualties were Allied 2783 Japanese 14. The fort level remained at 7. It's a good thing I brought more sinks to throw into the fray. My units are rested, in supply with plenty of support. The USN bombarded for 4 days prior to the landings.

This game really is borked! [;)]
Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768
HansBolter

RE: Bad Die Rolls

Post by HansBolter »

Todd,

We all feel your pain. All of us have had that deflating experience of seeing our overwhelming superiority in AV reduced inexplicably to zero by the tactical AI.

The assumption I always try to make in those cases is that I got impatient and tried the attack to soon.

Apparently I didn't get enough supply ashore yet, or my troops hadn't yet shrugged off the disruption from landing sufficiently to be ready for an assault.

One of the luxuries of playing the AI is that I can do a reset, and have on a few occasions, not because I'm looking to win by cheating the AI, but because I want to experiment to see what happens if I delay that failed assault by one day.

In almost every case delaying another day flipped the result. This is what has led me to interpret results like these stemming from impatience.
Hans

tocaff

Post by tocaff »

I gave a day to rest from the landings and am now giving additional rest while more LCUs are thrown into the mix.
Todd

Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

In almost every case delaying another day flipped the result. This is what has led me to interpret results like these stemming from impatience.

Allies are blessed with better troops, all that material, but you AFB's lack patience. It is Japan's secret weapon![:D]
tocaff

Post by tocaff »

Surely you jest! I waited, waited and waited some more before I struck back. AFBs need patience or they'll suffer for it.
Todd

Dili

Post by Dili »

What are the preparation levels?
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

Oh for some in game factor reporting that would allow us to better assess when our troops and more importantly our logistics are actually ready for an attack.

Takes a lot of reading between the lines and monitoring many variables to generate even a rough idea of readiness.
Hans

tocaff

Post by tocaff »

LCUs 100% prepped.
Todd

Dili

Post by Dili »

Thanks.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”