Castor Troy

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Miller

Castor Troy

Post by Miller »

If I remember correctly his last PBEM opponent said he had been involved in a serious road accident. Checking the forum he has not logged in or posted since last June. Anyone know if he is ok? Played him many years ago in the original WITP and he kicked my arse.
Canoerebel

RE: Castor Troy

Post by Canoerebel »

Paul, I don't have any info about Castor. (Here's hoping he's okay.) But I do remember you game vs. him. As I recall, Timor became quite the battlefield.
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
Miller

Post by Miller »

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

Paul, I don't have any info about Castor. (Here's hoping he's okay.) But I do remember you game vs. him. As I recall, Timor became quite the battlefield.

Yes, I think I lost about ten flight decks in one day near there.[X(]
Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

Castor was Japan and you were the Allies, right? Was that the only time you were the Allied player in a PBEM match?
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

Spidery was also in some kind of accident and is missing.

Come to think of it I haven't seen Mr.Kane around in long time too.

Here is hoping that Castor is ok!
Miller

Post by Miller »

Castor was Japan and you were the Allies, right? Was that the only time you were the Allied player in a PBEM match?

No I was the Allies in a couple of other WITP games but they were spoilt by problems with mods in the scenarios, that's why I have since only ever played "stock" AE games.
Miller

Post by Miller »

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

Spidery was also in some kind of accident and is missing.

Come to think of it I haven't seen Mr.Kane around in long time too.

Here is hoping that Castor is ok!

Just checked and Mr Kane was CT's last opponent and was the one who informed the forum of his accident, he might have some more news but has not posted himself for almost six months....
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

Didn´t know about Spidery. I remember CT was apparently in some kind of motorcycle accident.

Odd that Tom has disappeared. He was playing a lot of games including Spidery and CT. Don´t know if he was playing anyone else.
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

I too miss CT. I said a few prayers for him when I first learned of his accident.

Sure hope he is recovering well and that we see him here again.
Hans

Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

Tom was playing several games, just not doing AARs on them.

Gotta be discouraging putting so much time into the game and losing the player. Why I like to pickup games rather than start fresh.

I have sent a few prayers GreyJoy's way too & it is nice to see Obvert back again if briefly.
obvert

Post by obvert »

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

Tom was playing several games, just not doing AARs on them.

Gotta be discouraging putting so much time into the game and losing the player. Why I like to pickup games rather than start fresh.

I have sent a few prayers GreyJoy's way too & it is nice to see Obvert back again if briefly.

Nice to hear!

I'm sad CT had an accident and also add in my best wishes he is getting back to health. I think even if he does these things can lead to changes in how one spends time. never know. Games are great, and this community is amazing, but it doesn't lead to a good balance at all times, I think we can agree! [;)]

Nick (GreyJoy) went through the loss of his father and was in the process of grieving when I last heard from him. He let me know he'd be back, but I would guess he's spending time with family and friends as well as dealing with his sometimes intense career as a lawyer. I miss him, not just as a great player, but as a friend.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Anyone heard from Chickenboy?

Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

I haven't heard anything from him or about him, but I just posted this in Obvert's "Itch" thread:

"Chickenboy moved from Minnesota to San Antonio last year. He was still involved in at least one game (vs. Sqz?) and perhaps another (vs. AW1Steve?) late last year, but I think he vanished from his game with Sqz after becoming irregular for awhile. He became embroiled in a pretty terse exchange between several forumites over the merits and virtues of the Sir Robin gambit. That exchange led AW1Steve to withdraw (temporarily, he implied). Then Chickenboy disappeared withouta word shortly thereafter. This all happened in December.

"I think Chickenboy was experiencing burnout. I have hopes that a sabbatical will refresh him so that he'll return."
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

I haven't heard anything from him or about him, but I just posted this in Obvert's "Itch" thread:

"Chickenboy moved from Minnesota to San Antonio last year. He was still involved in at least one game (vs. Sqz?) and perhaps another (vs. AW1Steve?) late last year, but I think he vanished from his game with Sqz after becoming irregular for awhile. He became embroiled in a pretty terse exchange between several forumites over the merits and virtues of the Sir Robin gambit. That exchange led AW1Steve to withdraw (temporarily, he implied). Then Chickenboy disappeared withouta word shortly thereafter. This all happened in December.

"I think Chickenboy was experiencing burnout. I have hopes that a sabbatical will refresh him so that he'll return."
warspite1

A great shame - he was one of the good guys. Hope he'll be back.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

AW1Steve is ok. He'll be back.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”