Kamienna Skarzsko

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

TomaszPudlo

Kamienna Skarzsko

Post by TomaszPudlo »

Roughly midway between Warsaw and Krakow you'll find "Kamienna Skarzsko," a city whose real name is Skarżysko-Kamienna. In 2014 Skarżysko-Kamienna had 47212 inhabitants. In WitE it has three population points. Assuming each point represents 50000 people, I doubt it had 150000 inhabitants in 1941. That's a general problem with WitE. It tends to overpopulate cities by a factor of three.
Tomasz
Denniss

RE: Kamienna Skarzsko

Post by Denniss »

Fixing the name should not be a problem unless it's used by the AI. For the population values you have to consider people from the surrounding areas, not just the cities alone.
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

Please specify the scenario you saw the wrong name still in use (if on-map), these should have been fixed some time ago. In generic data many names may appear wrong.
TomaszPudlo

Post by TomaszPudlo »

Campaign 1941-45 Alt CV. I'm using the map mode, though I'm not sure if the mod has any impact on the names.
Tomasz
Kursk1943

Post by Kursk1943 »

What I always noticed: at hex 121/124 the Caucausus port: it is still "Taupse" instead of "Tuapse". I had a look at the 1941-45 campaign game. I bet it is the same in all other scenarios, too. I'm using the map mod, too.
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

Must be a problem with the mod then. I checked all scenarios and found just one road to ... with wrongly named Kamienna. I have not checked all scenarios for Tuapse but the large campaigns have it correct.
TomaszPudlo

Post by TomaszPudlo »

I'm curious why some Polish cities have German names. Mainly Posen and Bromberg. Also, where does "Lvov" come from? The Polish name is Lwow, the German Lemberg and the Ukrainian Lviv. Overall, the choice of language in city names strikes me as arbitrary. Vilnius is the Lithuanian name for Wilno, a Polish city populated predominantly by Poles. Another issue is that some capital cities have anglicised names (Warsaw, Moscow) while others (Belgrad, Tirane) don't.

If these issues are mod-specific, I apologise and humbly withdraw my objections.
Tomasz
morvael

Post by morvael »

Been there, done that. Names roughly outside Generalgouvernement's "borders" stayed as they were, seems they have strong backers amongst the core team. So good luck in trying to prove your point. I'd even prefer to use German occupation names wherever possible (for example Gotenhafen, not Gdynia), than this curious mix.

Return to “Tech Support”