The locking of threads...

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Jagdtiger14

The locking of threads...

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

As a business decision don't you think more interest and eye balls are a good thing? Should there not be one thread/location that deals in things not related to games? If someone is easily offended, then they can choose to not enter the thread.

Iain McNeil writes: "...think about what you are posting and if it is appropriate for a games site..."

Ok, then by that standard why are these long running threads allowed to exist?: Australian Beauties, New Grand Prix Season is almost upon us!!!, what book are you reading at the moment?, what program/film/documentary are you watching now?, European Championships, what music are you listening to now?

Can we not have a location to go to here to discus things that are not related to gaming?...those easily offended can avoid that location.
Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC
bairdlander2

RE: The locking of threads...

Post by bairdlander2 »

i think starting a thread about locking a thread will get this thread locked....now hurry up and lock this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

bairdlander: I'm asking a question about a gaming site business practice here...just the kind that Ian McNeil asked me to consider before posting.

Are my questions unreasonable?
Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC
Fallschirmjager

Post by Fallschirmjager »

We used to have such a place long ago. It got so toxic that some threats were made and some people stopped buying Matrix products because of things that were said on that forum.

I don't ever seem them brining it back.
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

ORIGINAL: Jagdtiger14

bairdlander: I'm asking a question about a gaming site business practice here...just the kind that Ian McNeil asked me to consider before posting.

Are my questions unreasonable?
just joking....try Armchair General...its also a gaming site...but they have forums where you can discuss what is forbidden here
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: Jagdtiger14

Can we not have a location to go to here to discus things that are not related to gaming?...those easily offended can avoid that location.
There are plenty of other forums to do that.
This is not that type of forum.
No need to ask again.

Quoting Erik Rutins:
It's been explained countless times that part of a private forum is that it has rules and those rules are meant to allow us all to focus on our shared hobby. I appreciate that you all may want to debate politics or religion or such, but there are other places for that on the internet.
ORIGINAL: Fallschirmjager

We used to have such a place long ago. It got so toxic that some threats were made and some people stopped buying Matrix products because of things that were said on that forum.

I don't ever seem them brining it back.
Exactly.

Thread locked

Return to “General Discussion”