No Map

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Merlin13

No Map

Post by Merlin13 »

I have purchased and installed Command from Steam.

When I start the game I have no map. If I start a scenario still no map but the cursor shows the latitude/longitude etc.

I have verified the game cache in steam, uninstalled and reinstalled.

I have windows 10 64-bit and the latest nvidia drivers.
Rory Noonan

RE: No Map

Post by Rory Noonan »

No map at all? Try pressing the X key a few times or opening the OOB up and clicking a unit to centre over it. Are you seeing icons? Posting a screenshot will help
Merlin13

Post by Merlin13 »

I can't post a screenshot as I only registered today, I need to wait a week before I can do that.

Pressing X or Z changes the Camera Alt, but still no map. When I open the OOB and click on a unit something flashes up on the right of the screen, I assume unit info, but it's only up for less than a second.

If I start the Northern Inferno campaign I get a few lock icons amd a large pink area, which I think is the area covering Sweden, Finland. If I start a scenario I get no icons, the opening messages bottom left of the screen. 'Doctrine and ROE' and 'EMCON' appear top right, but they disappear if I open OOB.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Clear the cache and try reinstalling. Really seems like the files are corrupted or missing

Mike
Merlin13

Post by Merlin13 »

Still no joy.

I uninstalled, rebooted, ran Advanced System Care, disabled Norton Smart Firewall and Auto-Protect. Reinstalled, verified the integrity of the game cache, which came up OK.

But I still have the same problem.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

check the logs Advanced System Care, and also Norton Smart Firewall to see if they have anything game related in them, as tbh as with any game the game exe needs adding to the white / safe list of all these to be able to work correctly as if not anything can stop the process from working correctly, run the game from a admin account as administrator with a right click on the game shortcut as well for add permissions, all else fails than post logs or a full report...

How to get a DxDiag report file:

1. Click on "START" (on Windows 8 press “Windows key” and the “R” key at the same time)
2. Click "run" (skip this step on Windows 8 )
3. Type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. Check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments rather than pasted into the body of the post.

then the forum mods will be able to see if any errors are posted in it which may lead to a fix or solution for you, i'd guess not tbh as with only maps missing it more than likely a AV problem stopping a given file from running with a permission error.
Whitelist

All threats you choose to Add into Whitelist on the fix screen will be displayed here. You can also manually add a file or folder you do not want to scan by clicking Add a file or Add a folder button.

Code: Select all

http://www.iobit.com/product-manuals/asc-ultimate-help/
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Merlin13

Post by Merlin13 »

I didn't find anything game related in the logs. I have added the Command folder to Norton Smart Wall and I run the game from an administrator account.

Still have the problem.

I can't post attachments until I have been registered a week, which will be Saturday.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

you can always send it by pm if you wish to
Merlin13

Post by Merlin13 »

Thanks, sent.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

received,

first question, what is your default music player in windows 10?

only ask as do you have a sound card and onboard chip working at the same time, or is one disabled in the bios?

have you or are you having any mouse or keyboard issues or any with any USB devices?

PnPRequestAdditionalSoftware mentions a few in the logs, as it's trying to update one or both etc...

USB\VID_044F&PID_B10A&REV_0500 is a joystick error message, thrust master maybe? or could just be a left over message from a another now not used device, but error codes points to joysticks tbh

Creative SB X-Fi does it still have issues with win 10? as i've heard more than a few do...

The product you have selected has been classified as 'End of Service Life'

and that's it, out of 9 error message none point to anything game related i'm sorry to say so can't say what the error is regarding the ones reported[:(] and i still guess mind you it's AV related and not hardware / software conflict etc, but it's guess work in the dark tbh without any error codes to go on or research i'm sorry to say.

unless someone else can come up with something, my only guess, and it's a guess as nothing points to anything, un install and makes fully sure the whole folder and files are 100% gone and then removed from registry with a cleaner then reinstall via steam and see if you get the same error again, don't removed files from safe list from AV program as they will be needed and make sure you install with permissions given from the AV so it doesn't stop a given file from being installed, even if it means disabling it while installing and updating, not that it's fully recommended to, but most or some are far too keen for some files now days imo.

good luck
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Try installing the last patch manually.

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/CommandMo ... -v1092.zip

y default Command is to a different path.You'll need to point it to the directory below or where you installed it if moved.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Command Modern Air Naval Operations

Let us know how it goes.
Merlin13

Post by Merlin13 »

mikmyk,

I can't run that patch exe, my copy of Command was purchased from steam, when I run the patch exe it says I do not have the game installed. I did apply the latest bets patch from steam though, I presume that is the same. No joy.

zakblood,

My default music player is winamp. I'm having no issues with sound, I am using the motherboard chip, no sound card installed. My joystick is working fine and I only attach it when I'm in a game that requires it.

I decided to uninstall Norton, Advanced System Care & Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, after uninstalling Command and cleaning up left overs.

I reinstalled and ran Command without reinstalling Norton, ASC & Malwarebytes. I still had the exact same problem. Not sure what else I can do except apply for a refund from steam. In 20 years of PC gaming I don't recall ever having a problem like this.

Thanks for you help.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

I have windows 10 64-bit and the latest nvidia drivers.

My default music player is winamp

there has been some user on windows 10 who has issues with game from not using the default media player, selecting media player from the drop down list sorted it for them while you don't have the same issue or game, doing a set number of things to help sometimes works, but not always, good luck anyway, the joystick again is logged as an error in your report, other than that i wouldn't have mentioned it, while both or any of these are none game related, add a few up and it does point to more than a few none game / but o/s related errors, which are harder to solve and fix, let alone diagnose without more information.
Clear the cache and try reinstalling. Really seems like the files are corrupted or missing

Mike
was the best advice but as it didn't work also i tried and failed to go deeper.

i worked for a AV company for many year's 20+ so still guess it's that combo that has done something tbh, maybe 2 active scanner if both where set to active that is, as both will conflict unless one is set to passive scanning and one active, but as you also tried with both removed, eg uninstalled remove AV & Malwarebytes and retried and still it didn't work for you, i'm out of advice or options as well i'm sorry to say[:(]

Return to “Tech Support”