Unable to save error

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
ksawatzky

Unable to save error

Post by ksawatzky »

This is my 3rd time trying to post in this forum. Arnhem Road Bridge Map, Grand Campaign, 19th at 1800hrs. Fingers crossed site finally lets me make a post.
SteveMcClaire

RE: Unable to save error

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Hello ksawatzky,

Do you get an error message of some kind when the game is trying to auto-save after a battle?

Does it only happen with this one campaign, and no other campaign or operation?

Do you have the latest updates to LSA? See http://www.matrixgames.com/products/386/downloads/ for the latest patch.

Steve
ksawatzky

Post by ksawatzky »

The game is at version 5.60.53b. I have a screen shot but the forum won't let me post it. This is the only time I have seen the error, but there is an older post on these forums with the exact same error, exact same map, just on the 18th, not the 19th.

Just picked the game back up again, and I think I had the same error last time I played, years ago. It is when the game is attempting to save after the battle completes. I have played the battle multiple times and ended with both a cease fire, and also breaking the german morale, doesn't matter, still get the same error.

SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Please download the non-beta version of v5.60.53 from the product download page (you should no longer see a 'b' on the end of your game version once that is installed.) This did have some additional bug fixes, though nothing directly related to this problem.

Something must be preventing the game from writing the saved game file, though this seems to be quite rare as that other report is the only other one I've ever heard of.

Where do you have the game installed? Can you try the default location if you're not using that, to see if that's part of the issue?

What version of Windows are you using?

Steve
ksawatzky

Post by ksawatzky »

Windows 7 SP1

Standard save location

Will give the non-beta update a try. I'd email the save game file if it would help anything.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Hi ksawatzky,

The saved game file shouldn't have anything to do with not being able to save over it again. The only reasons the game would be unable to save normally would be if there was an external problem preventing it -- i.e. out of disk space, some other program accessing the file, etc. I assume you have available disk space, so I would also turn off any anti-virus / anti-malware / disk management programs you may have, just as a test. If you can turn them off and the game can then save post-battle, that would tell us what was causing the issue.

Steve

Return to “Tech Support”