ZombieN4cers (reloaded)

Welcome to the new war raging across hundreds of light years at once, with mechanized Titans as the main fighting force.

Moderator: MOD_TitansOfSteel

Marga

ZombieN4cers (reloaded)

Post by Marga »

Hello you lot,

more than two years have passed since I've opened the first thread concerning my work on "ZombieN4cers" (working title) and now I'd like to continue but unfortunately there seems to be not much activity recently on the TOS-WS website.

Nevertheless I've decided to post a new thread to this forum to just say "hello" to all Titans of Steel veterans that may still be visiting this site from time to time - and to use this forum for posting a single screenshot taken from "ZombieN4cers".

Although - over the last two years - there wasn't much spare time left for me to work on "ZombieN4cers" the game made some good progress. My friends and I already played "ZombieN4cers" two years ago, but there has been a lot of improvement to all aspects of the game (LarkinVB was at least addicted enoug to provide me with some nice features like a "called hit screen", a "level up" screen and a complete "inventory" handling). So now I think it's time to show an ingame screenshot (please keep in mind that I've developed and programmed all other aspects of the game on my own, including the graphics. I stopped working on the graphics of any item or animation as soon as it could be identified as what it is. Only by that have I been able to continue working on the game engine itself, so please be kind while judging it, expecially the graphics [;)]

In a few weeks I hope to succeed in making a small website with more information and screenshots. This is a way to keep those of you informed who are interested in the details or the game at all.

The "ZombieN4cers" game engine somehow is a hommage to the original "XCOM enemy unknown" whereas the characters are a hommage to a modern Zombie game which inspired me very much (you will know that game by taking a close loook at the 4! PCs [;)])

I leave this screenshot without comments/descriptions for now and will post a link to a detailed web presentation with more contents as soon as it's finished.

_______
MargaVB

(This screenshot does not show the full size of 1024x768 because of the limitations coming with the image upload of this forum)

Attachments
Zn4_Zara_smaller5.jpg
Zn4_Zara_smaller5.jpg (196.63 KiB) Viewed 554 times
Up The (UNDEAD)- Irons
Thorgrim

RE: ZombieN4cers (reloaded)

Post by Thorgrim »

Hi Kai, long time!
It looks amazing!!! [&o]
I'm pretty sure it's going to be worth the wait.
Iceman
Marga

Post by Marga »

Hello Iceman,

I'm glad to see that you are still with us [:)]

Currently I'm working on the gameengine, especially on integrating one of the features from Larkin - a PDA log. It enables the players to review story elements by reading notes or watching PDA-logs/-videos which the characters have found on their way through the Zombie horror. At this state all text notes and PDA-logs/videos revealed on the current map are already accessible.

Now I'm working on making PDA's and notes available that have already been discovered on previous maps...this helps the players to keep track of the story (which has some surprises in store [:D]). It also gives the opportunity to e.g. recheck on a "door access code" that has been revealed earlier by a text note or a PDA log/video.

At the same time I'm creating a small website to show more ingame-screenshots and details of the game features. I'll post the link here as soon as it is available.

I hope you're fine and that we'll meet here again, soon.

MargaVB
Up The (UNDEAD)- Irons
jureidinim

Post by jureidinim »

This looks interesting [:)]
Thorgrim

Post by Thorgrim »

Yep, still here, waiting for (good) news. [;)]
BTW, will we see Eddie in the game [:D]
Up the Irons!!
Iceman
Marga

Post by Marga »

ORIGINAL: Thorgrim

BTW, will we see Eddie in the game [:D]

Definitely!

Attachments
EddiesTheEd.jpg
EddiesTheEd.jpg (6.67 KiB) Viewed 553 times
Up The (UNDEAD)- Irons
Marga

Post by Marga »

Yep, still here, waiting for (good) news. [;)]

Hi Iceman,

there could have been the good news of the website being finished and available as announced by myself month ago...

Unfortunately the german law is very restrictive concerning any kind of homepages and other web hosting nowadways. So I was thinking twice about publishing any news of the ZombieN4cers development on a website because I'd have to publish my real name, adress, email, telephone etc.

I'm not conform to that right now.

Nevertheless I'm looking for a solution to this problem and in the meanwhile post this message with one more screenshot to keep this thread alive for a while.

MargaVB

Attachments
ZN4cerScre..hot_0058.jpg
ZN4cerScre..hot_0058.jpg (153.54 KiB) Viewed 552 times
Up The (UNDEAD)- Irons
Thorgrim

Post by Thorgrim »

Hey Kai. That looks fantastic!
Looking forward for a playable demo!
Iceman
Marga

Post by Marga »

Hi Iceman,

since my friends and I played a few times in the last 2 years I was thinking about creating a special Demo Version just for you.

As you now mentioned such a demo yourself I think it's time to begin constructing it...just give me a few weeks to integrate a tutorial/help system and to spice up the demo with a few security/password dialogs.

The screenshot coming with this post shows the inventory which Larkin designed for the game.

Marga

Attachments
ZombieN4ce..ventory1.jpg
ZombieN4ce..ventory1.jpg (172.33 KiB) Viewed 552 times
Up The (UNDEAD)- Irons
Thorgrim

Post by Thorgrim »

SWWEEEEETTT!!! [:)]
You guys are the best!
Iceman
Marga

Post by Marga »

Hello Iceman,

I'm updating the status of the work on the ZombieN4cers tutorial/guide to keep this thread alive:

In the past year since the start of this thread I fixed dozens of small and big bugs (and there are still a lot remaining ), added a load/save menu, integrated a tutorial framework that can be configured from outside the source code, added a password check and am now working on the contents of the tutorial/guide.

This will take a few more weeks as I have underestimated
- the lack of spare time
- the effort of making a tutorial framework
- the effort of firing tutorial events from any corner of the game
- the effort of preventing certain buttons and mouse/keyboard inputs while being in a certain tutorial mode/context.

Nevertheless - despite of all the work - it was fun [:)] adding all this stuff and I hope you'll still find it worth the waiting... [;)]
Up The (UNDEAD)- Irons
Thorgrim

Post by Thorgrim »

Take your time Kai, no rush. [;)]
Iceman
Marga

Post by Marga »

Take your time Kai, no rush. [;)]

One year later, hehe [:D]

The work was vast and I took my time, but now it is done. Just in time before this forum thread expires... [:)]

I'll send you the download information in the next few days.

I hope jou'll enjoy playing your special "ZombieN4cers" Version. Now you take your time and try it out whenever you have the time, especially with 'XCom2' being out these days... [;)]

Marga
Up The (UNDEAD)- Irons
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

a labour of love then[;)]

[&o][&o]
[&o]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Thorgrim

Post by Thorgrim »

Cool, eagerly waiting for it!
It's been 3 years since you started this topic, it just hit me... [X(]
Iceman
Marga

Post by Marga »

Cool, eagerly waiting for it!
It's been 3 years since you started this topic, it just hit me... [X(]

3 years of 'blood, sweat and tears' [;)]

...but now it is finally done!

I had to fix a few things in the last three weeks, but the upload has been finished a few hours ago and I've sent you an email with the download instructions a few minutes ago...

HAVE FUN! (and take your time playing as I took my time developing... [;)] )

Marga

Up The (UNDEAD)- Irons
Marga

Post by Marga »

ORIGINAL: zakblood

a labour of love then[;)]

You can say that - I've started to work on this project 15 years ago by first developing only the tools (not game content) which I needed for 'screen design', 'ingame item' creation, animation creation, Map Editor, raytracing objects and so on...

Then I started to develop the game content nearly 10 years ago (as I only had my spare time besides of working etc.).

One great moment in the history of developing "ZombieN4cers" has then been the first playing event together with Larkin (VB) and some other friends 5 years ago. Since then the game has been improved a lot and Larkin has added some cool content, too. [8D]

Up The (UNDEAD)- Irons

Return to “Titans of Steel - Warring Suns”