repair question

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

bush

repair question

Post by bush »

After the Dec. 7 whacking at Pearl I have a BB with fires raging (71) along with significant float (94) damage. What is the best way to try and get the fires under control? Can I put this BB in a task force with undamages capital ships and maybe some Porter class DDs to help fight the flames? Better to just leave in "readiness" mode? I can't move it pierside or shipyard until fires are out - correct?

Thanks for the insights.

Mike
wdolson

RE: repair question

Post by wdolson »

You can't change the repair mode until the fires are out. The digital people at the base have putting out fires as their first priority. Sometimes a ship can't be saved, but if you're going to have a ship burning like mad, Pearl Harbor is one of the best places for it to happen. There are some units there with a lot of naval support. Make sure the units with naval support are in combat mode to make them most effective.

At 71 fires in a good port, the ship might be saved. The level of port damage will affect the fire fighting effort though. In any case, do not put burning ships in a TF if you can help it, they stand the best chance disbanded in port.
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

Read my post in this thread.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3794030&mpage=1&key=fire%2Cfighting&#3794931

It outlines all the relevant factors to douse ship fires.

Alfred
bush

Post by bush »

Bill and Alfred,

Because of the high floatation damage it looks like the Maryland is in for a tough fight.

Alfred, what I didn´t see in your previous post was if the NavSup at a base is engaged in anything else (loading/unloading, repairing other ships at pierside and/or in the shipyard, if that detracts from the fire fighting. Bill´s comment makes me feel like the fire fighting takes precedent, but if not I do not want to put ANY other activity in the way.

Thanks in advance,

Mike
dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

As indicated by Bill and Alfred, the best situation to fight your fire is disbanded and in port... and as indicted, Naval Support troops must be in combat mode to impact the fire (and any other activity that NS troops play a part in). Under NO circumstance should you put this ship into a TF...that would be signing its death warrant almost assuredly.
bush

Post by bush »

Alas, she did NOT make it. Coupled with the ambush that got Enterprise returning to Pearl and it was not a good start for the USN.

Return to “The War Room”